Sports Buzz draft notes 4/30/14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz draft notes 4/30/14

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the draft nine days away, the Dolphins dispatched its special teams coach to Laramie, Wyoming, on Tuesday for a workout and meeting with Wyoming 5-9 receiver Robert Herron, a potential mid-round pick who has now had several interactions with Dolphins officials. Miami likes the former track star’s receiving skills (72 catches, 937 yards, 9 touchdowns in 2013) and wants to see him as a return man --- which is the reason for sending the special teams coach.

Among some of the other lower-profile receivers the Dolphins have shown interest in: Rutgers' Quron Pratt, Lane College's Greg Moore and Virginia Tech's DJ Coles.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Odd that they are looking at Herron as a return guy when he has virtually no experience. Why not just draft a return guy?

Dri Archer anyone....

Odd that they are looking at Herron as a return guy when he has virtually no experience. Why not just draft a return guy?
Obviously I dont know this for sure...but my guess is they think Herron can be a legitimate NFL slot WR and want to see if he has added value as a return man...as opposed to drafting a return man/niche player like Archer.

Just because the guy is a special teams coach in the NFL doesn't mean he can't give a report on a WR.

This guy reminds me a lot of rishard Matthews, I really don't think this staff has very much confidence both binns and Gibson will be back, maybe neither.

I'm not sure where archer goes probably round 4. But imagine this offense with Cooks in round 1 and archer. Add Wallace and miller whom we already have and we have deadly speed all over

Back
Top Bottom