Sports Buzz draft notes 4/30/14

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

With the draft nine days away, the Dolphins dispatched its special teams coach to Laramie, Wyoming, on Tuesday for a workout and meeting with Wyoming 5-9 receiver Robert Herron, a potential mid-round pick who has now had several interactions with Dolphins officials. Miami likes the former track star’s receiving skills (72 catches, 937 yards, 9 touchdowns in 2013) and wants to see him as a return man --- which is the reason for sending the special teams coach.

Among some of the other lower-profile receivers the Dolphins have shown interest in: Rutgers' Quron Pratt, Lane College's Greg Moore and Virginia Tech's DJ Coles.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

2. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

Odd that they are looking at Herron as a return guy when he has virtually no experience. Why not just draft a return guy?

3. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

Dri Archer anyone....

4. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

Obviously I dont know this for sure...but my guess is they think Herron can be a legitimate NFL slot WR and want to see if he has added value as a return man...as opposed to drafting a return man/niche player like Archer.

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

not barry jacksons better work...basically nothing there

6. xXwarXx

xXwarXx Banned Hammered

Just because the guy is a special teams coach in the NFL doesn't mean he can't give a report on a WR.

This guy reminds me a lot of rishard Matthews, I really don't think this staff has very much confidence both binns and Gibson will be back, maybe neither.

7. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

Yes please I have been calling for this guy for weeks. I see him as an offensive weapon too

8. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

I'm not sure where archer goes probably round 4. But imagine this offense with Cooks in round 1 and archer. Add Wallace and miller whom we already have and we have deadly speed all over