Sprains, Strains, & Automobiles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sprains, Strains, & Automobiles

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
KBISBACK said:
If he walked off the field, whether he limped or not, then it is not a rupture. If that tendon ruptures, then the knee will not stabilize itself when weight is put on it, and the knee will buckle.

Absolutely right. If he ruptured his tendon there is no way he would be able to walk. It would be like trying to balance two heavy sticks top to bottom (Femur on top of the Tibia) with compressive force, i.e. it's not possible. When you hear rupture you should think of Dan's ruptured achilles tendon. That's the severity of injury we'd be looking at if he did indeed rupture it.

Let's all hope this is like the Wade Smith thing where it turned out to be a sprain and he'll be back in a few weeks. I believe even a slight tear wouldn't keep him out the whole year.

I have been trolling for 3 hours hoping this isn't serious. It's aggravating because I live in New England and get my balls severely busted whenever anything happens to Miami. Everybody thinks Boston will get hurt and be out for the season because of his size. They have no idea that he is weighing 228 nowadays and will discount that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom