Stacey Mack to sign with new york | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stacey Mack to sign with new york

bbruba01

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well I guess the dolphins are not making him an offer to bad this guy scores tds in the redzone.

bbruba01 said:
Well I guess the dolphins are not making him an offer to bad this guy scores tds in the redzone.
miami claimed he was out of shape and unimpressive!!

He may have been unimpressive, but he was impressive last year in our season opener. He broke like 4 tackles on one play including a Zach Thomas attempt.

It was stupid to let him get away. There are very few FA RBs out there worth having, and he was one of them.

I'll trust Ricks judgement, we simply aren't there and can't make accurate judgements

well maybe we should be happy were not as desprate as new york, we have a pretty good combo with henry.minor & morris.

Prime Time said:
He may have been unimpressive, but he was impressive last year in our season opener. He broke like 4 tackles on one play including a Zach Thomas attempt.
To this day, I personaly believe that they wanted the game more than us. I think we went into the game with the attitude that we already had it won and didn't show up. Opening day in Miami was a given victory for the last, what 11+ years, the most in the NFL. They did the same thing to Dalas their first year in the league. We underestimated them and we paid dearly.

If we went in with the attitude that they were a contender, I don't think Mack has the day that he had. JMHO

We slacked off, they didn't.

to bad I would have liked to see him with the dolphins. And one is for sure he knows how to get in for tds short and goal the hardest yards in football. I don't think the backs on the roster have that. But we will see, I do hope they make one more push for him tom before he signs.

mack really isnt that good, one game cant be the deciding factor. you have to look at his entire career, or even his entire year last year. he all in all is not worth a pick up

I don't think you can just use last year. The man was hurt in training camp and played on 2 bad feet until the team doc pulled him. If you look at his years before last he was a very productive back just look at the tds and the shortyardage for 1st down very impressive I think.

bbruba01 said:
This just makes me think WE are trading for a RB,which is what I want to do anyway. There are much better options than Mack IMO. I think the front runner is Mike Anderson, being that the Broncos are loaded at RB and he would be expendable. Najeh Davenport was in the running, but I read today he wants to stay in Green Bay. Mike Bennett doesn't look to probable because I'm sure the Vikes would want more for him than we are willing to give up. A-Train supposedly got hurt today and is out for 6 weeks so that would not be a logical choice. Larry Johnson was mentioned but looks like no more than a long shot. Remember, whoever it is, we need him for this season and hopefully Edge comes here or we get a good rookie in the draft.

edphin13 said:
There are much better options than Mack IMO. I think the front runner is Mike Anderson, being that the Broncos are loaded at RB and he would be expendable.
I disagree with this. He was suspended on a possitive drug test. We don't need another Rick, sorry. I want to be done with this type of person on the Fins roster. And yes, it was for Mary-Jane as well. I will search through the posts again and find a link, but I'm pretty sure you can search and find it faster. Since I'm tired and about ready to fall asleep at the keyboard. I will search none the less. :D

EDIT: Here is s link to the article. If you hang around it long enough, you may tend to believe it.

We already took a second chance on someone else and it blew up in our face, I say we start fresh.

I know Brit, he failed a test or two, big deal. I seriously doubt Mike Anderson would pull the same crap as Ricky did and retire. Anyways , we only need him for 1 season. I'm not saying I have my heart set on him or anything, IMO he is the best RB to trade for.

Also, millions of people smoke pot, IMO I think it is safer than other drugs. It does cause cancer and they say it makes you stupid and it kills brain cells. So what...Alcohol kills brain cells and causes liver cancer(cirrosis) but lots of successful people still drink. A matter of fact, a lot of successful people smoke pot too. And, of course, just like any issue, there is the opposite...There are people that abuse alcohol and weed and let it control them. My point is Brit, don't not want Anderson just because he failed a piss test. Don't want him because you think he is not a good back because realisticly, a high percentage of professional athletes get high. Only a few get caught.IMO

How can you guys say it is stupid to let Mack go? Why would Rick let him go if he was as good as u claim him to be? And besides, is he going to beat out Tiki Barber in NY for the starting job? I think not. That tells u something

SmokeyPhinz said:
How can you guys say it is stupid to let Mack go? Why would Rick let him go if he was as good as u claim him to be? And besides, is he going to beat out Tiki Barber in NY for the starting job? I think not. That tells u something
Well the guy has pretty good hands carrying football. And was great around goalline situations. As for beating out Tiki Barber that I am not sure about they have different styles running . Stacey might end up being more of a wear out defense guy for them. maybe short yardage situations.

Back
Top Bottom