Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 228 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

Sometimes one teams cost cutting move becomes another teams treasure.

So they guaranteed him over 19M when he signed his extension.

Clearly the injuries and 8.3M salary were a factor here along with the drafting of Ricky Stromberg.

Seems like a similar trajectory to David Long Jr’s career where the drafting team just had to move on.

As it pertains to us though, as much as I’d love to improve the interior OL, doesn’t feel like this guy can do that. Hard to imagine we’d invest in moving Williams back to OG for a guy who’s been injured.

So they guaranteed him over 19M when he signed his extension.

Clearly the injuries and 8.3M salary were a factor here along with the drafting of Ricky Stromberg.

Seems like a similar trajectory to David Long Jr’s career where the drafting team just had to move on.

As it pertains to us though, as much as I’d love to improve the interior OL, doesn’t feel like this guy can do that. Hard to imagine we’d invest in moving Williams back to OG for a guy who’s been injured.
Agree. But he's a quality player, when healthy.

(Imagine the Pawn Stars show guys)

Best I can do is vet minimum with a 200k guarantee to get you through camp. We'll add an incentive for starts, so if you actually beat anyone out of a job... you'll make more.

I think the likelihood that it’s the worst line in the NFL is low even if Armstead is hurt. But yes, the line will be a problem if Armstead gets hurt. I just don’t agree that Torrence or Jones would’ve fixed that problem.
The real question is whether they were/are better than Cam Smith. I'd say probably not, but obviously don't know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom