Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

It's also very interesting to me that we haven't gotten much word about re-signings so far. The only guy back is Ahmed? Must be a tell of what McDaniel thinks about a lot of the roster, especially the back end. Though don't be surprised if we get an avalanche of re-signings today. I'm expecting at least one of Mostert and Wilson to return
This is the smart way to do it. You don’t chip away at your cap space with a bunch of second and third stringers before you lock in the bigger pieces. Imagine if this Ramsey deal was on the table, but we couldn’t fit him in because we’d already committed $15 million of cap space to a pu pu platter of $2-$3 million journeymen.

This way, we settle on terms with whatever difference makers we can get at prices we like, and then we fill in the depth gaps at the end. If that means we need to bargain shop for guys at the veteran minimum instead of having the $2.5 million we need to re-sign, say, Raheem Mostert or Melvin Ingram? So be it.

And anyway, if there’s a role player from last year’s team who we really want to re-sign, we have $13 million coming open in June. We can always come to terms then ask them to wait to formalize the deal. There should be some trust there since they’re returning vets.

With Wilkins, if it were me, I’d structure that deal as a very long term deal with a huge percentage of guaranteed money, but relatively low/fair annual values. Maybe 5 years, $90 million, with $70 million guaranteed.

That way Wilkins locks in huge guaranteed money, and we don’t overpay. He’s not a guy I worry will fall off dramatically or get content after getting paid. We’re going to want him here for a long time.

It's also very interesting to me that we haven't gotten much word about re-signings so far. The only guy back is Ahmed? Must be a tell of what McDaniel thinks about a lot of the roster, especially the back end. Though don't be surprised if we get an avalanche of re-signings today. I'm expecting at least one of Mostert and Wilson to return

Ahmed is a clear sign Henry is coming. He’s the cheapest out of the McDaniels backs. Mostert or Wilson maybe we get one back but I think signing ahmed means they don’t want to commit 6-7 million to get Mostert and Wilson when they can get Henry for 10

With Wilkins, if it were me, I’d structure that deal as a very long term deal with a huge percentage of guaranteed money, but relatively low/fair annual values. Maybe 5 years, $90 million, with $70 million guaranteed.

That way Wilkins locks in huge guaranteed money, and we don’t overpay. He’s not a guy I worry will fall off dramatically or get content after getting paid. We’re going to want him here for a long time.

Ehh love Wilkins but think that’s too rich for him. I’m around 5 year 80 million 55 guaranteed

Wanted to leave this here before I step out for a while.......as of right now, Buffalo is 19mill OVER the cap so they're going to lose some good players it seems......just saying.
GOOD!!! And what is NE doing? Jets don't dare because they are waiting on Rodgers

Wanted to leave this here before I step out for a while.......as of right now, Buffalo is 19mill OVER the cap so they're going to lose some good players it seems......just saying.

So are the Eagles, in regards to losing players.

Also eager to see Orlando Brown disappear from KC's roster. Bears should make him a very wealthy man. Although I read something yesterday saying the Chiefs are keeping an eye on Laremy Tunsil, which makes sense. He's better than Orlando Brown (and everyone else playing LT) and for 2023 he'd be cheaper (at least in terms of AAV or the franchise tag). Apparently he wants to reset the OT market on his next deal, which should be next off season (or after KC trades for him).

In a perfect world the Bengals just can't seem to agree with any of their top FA targets. Unlikely as they have cash and an attractive roster to join. Unfortunately for them, it's still Cincinnati, so guys have to be convinced to willingly live there for the next 3-4 years.

Chargers appear primed to make some upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom