Starting free safety | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting free safety

Nr. 54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
hi
has anyone seen a college game of Y. Bell? I heard he has a chance to win the FS job? Is he really as "good" as freeman or edwards? there are no details about their performance during the first two days of camp! i am from germany, so i have got no chance to actually watch a trainig session in order to get an impression! thanks

all we know is that apparently he has an extremely fast first step

bell

I know Bell. We went to school (high school and college) together. He walked on at Eastern Kentucky University in 98 then earned a scholarship. Then won numerous defensive awards. Was named OVC defensive player of the year his junior year. Then hurt himself in the off season playing basketball, so didn't play his whole senior year. Tried to get re-instated for a fifth year with medical redshirt, but that was a no go. So entered the nfl draft. 8 teams looked at him at EKU a few months before the draft. Miami drafted him. You know you have a player when he doesn't play his senior year in college, so he sat out due to injury, and still gets drafted. He was fun to watch at EKU, extremely fast, not just his first step. He was always notoriously fast, ever since grade school. He's 26, not as young as a rookie or most second year players in the league, but Knight and Freeman had better watch behind their backs cause Mi wants it bad.
http://www.winchestersun.com/articles/2004/07/27/sports/sports01.txt an aritcle on him, not much there, but if anyone wants to read it.

I don't think he really has a shot at the starting spot this year, I expect him to make his run for the job next year. He hasn't got alot of work with the first team, right now he's slated as 4th on the depth chart behind Freeman, Knight, and Edwards, so he should get some work this year.

I dont know what it is but I think this guy is a gamer. I hope we dont bury this guy on the charts or let him become some other teams diamond in the rough. Just love the pure talents with the grit to walk onto teams, work through injury. Just feels like a guy who loves the game :rolleyes: perhaps he should get #34 :roflmao:

I think it will be freeman. He will be better at FS than he was at SS but I still feel that will be the weakest position on this D. I truly hope bell gets a shot though.

This year, hell probably just end up as a special teamer. Next year, if Knight doesnt preform good enuff, and Freeman preforms good...theres a chance Freeman would start, with Bell actually getting a fiar chance at the job with Edwards.

you also have to think Bell didn't get sent to play in Europe for a reason. Wanny knows what's up.

I know whats up too and thats Edwards starting and Bell backing up.

As much as i want to see yeramiah bell win the starting job, i would give it to arturo freeman- I got an autographed football of arturo freeman!!!

Back
Top Bottom