Steelers trying to Trade OL Trai Essex and Max Starks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers trying to Trade OL Trai Essex and Max Starks

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We have some picks and we also have the need for a good vet lineman. I was hoping Pitt didnt keep Essex as e was a restricted FA. He is a solid lineman and is 6'4 324 lbs and is only 25 . He is a Tackle but could transition into Guard petty quick. He should be able to step in and play right away. I would rather have Max Starks. He is 6'8" 345 lbs and is 26. He is huge and I think . Starks was a solid fixture in the Steelers O-Line. He is worthy or a 3rd or 4th round draft choice and Essex is worth a 4-6th round pick. I think we should go after one of these guys and let Murphy and Thomas sit for a year and learn from a vet. Sparano is a OLINE guru and could see value in Starks or Essex. Please dont start bashing the thread saying another sign this guy trade for that guy thread. This is a move that could make our Oline one of the top #5 for years to come. With the line looking like this
J Long Smiley Satele Starks/Essex Carey

That would give our Oline and average age of 25. Barring injury that would give us a really good if not great line for at least 5-7 years.

Imagine the holes R & R would have to run through and the time Penny would have to throw. I know how valuable you guys think draft picks are worth but giving anything 3rd round or below is great value for us. We will never get anyone that can step in and make an impact right away like Essex or Starks can. Oh well its just a thought, and the Steelers might want too much in return but hey they are shopping them.

Not sure I would trade for either. If they are trying to trade them on cut day, then theres a good chance one (or both) will be cut.

If I remember correctly, Starks got a tag (maybe the transition tag, or something similar) so not sure he would be cut. I would give a low draft pick for him.

i feel very comfortable with our rookie guard donald thomas.. imo no need to go after them..

Starks has been awful this offseason. He also comes with a $7mil salary this year. I wouldn't mind taking a look and Essex or Mahan if they get released. Strictly as depth though. I don't want to see the starting oline jumbled around like recent years. We already have a lot of potential with our current starters.

I'll pass. Essex has been disappointing as a starter for them, and I read somewhere that Starks has been the most disappointing OL on the roster this offseason for Pitt.

we need continuity on our line. for once our starters have been playing together now for a month. these 5 guys could be our starting offensive linemen for the next 4-5 years together. Besides the steelers are trying to trade them for a reason. i personally don't want there garbage.

Not sure I would trade for either. If they are trying to trade them on cut day, then theres a good chance one (or both) will be cut.

If I remember correctly, Starks got a tag (maybe the transition tag, or something similar) so not sure he would be cut. I would give a low draft pick for him.

If you don't trade for them they are free agents are they not? I don't think they have to go through waivers do they? Because they are veterans... I think.

i remember all that hype on us to get max starks in free agency, he has had a horrible camp, got taken over as a starter and now to be traded..... hmmmmmmm, is he worth the money???? especially how solid our line has been playing.

I wouldn't bother with either of them for draft picks but if they got cut i would like to sign one of them for depth.

If you don't trade for them they are free agents are they not? I don't think they have to go through waivers do they? Because they are veterans... I think.

I believe that they are waived up the 4th year in the league. don't put money on it but it is either 3 or 4 years i think.

Wasn't getting Joey Porter enough...when they release a player there is a good reason

Back
Top Bottom