Steve Nash to the Suns for 5 yrs, 65 mill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Nash to the Suns for 5 yrs, 65 mill

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
David Aldridge reported this on ESPN...The Suns offered a 5yr/$65m deal to Nash, and he took it back to Dallas, who opted not to try and top the offer. Nash has reached a verbal agreement with the Suns, and will officially be announced on July 14th, the start of the signing period.

Note: The "supposed" deal that was to send Shaq to Dallas included a sign & trade for Nash. The Mavs got screwed both ways here... :roflmao:

But hey, they overpaid for Nash. Nice player and all, but you don't give a guard that much money who puts up 14.5ppg and is already 30-years old. Sure he's one of the league's better passers, but I would never spend that much on a player of Nash's caliber. This also drops the Suns, who were front runners out of the Kobe chase. Expect the Suns to go after Mehmet Okur now.

If they can ink Okur, which they certainly have the cash to and have already said that he and Nash were their top targets AFTER Kobe, their line-up would be damn good:

1-Steve Nash
2-Joe Johnson
3-Shawn Marion
4-Amare Stoudamire
5-Mehmet Okur

That's a complete line-up.

Nash is overrated & the reason the Mavs lost some playoff games back in 03. Van Exel should have been the PG of that team, not Nash. If the Suns could somehow work a trade involving Johnson or Marion that would net them a good center like Brad Miller & be able to sign Kobe afterwards I'd make them the favorite.

Looks like Kobe may stay in LA afterall, especially since the Clippers are going to make a run at him :D

Prime Time said:
Looks like Kobe may stay in LA afterall, especially since the Clippers are going to make a run at him :D
Give it up, Kobe is going to be a Laker next year. Hands down, no contest.

As for the Nash deal, it provides Phonex w/a top 10 pg and rounds out their starting line up making them a fairly decent team. But more importantly it keeps Shaq out of Dallas and being that I'm a Houston fan, I'm lovin' that! W/the aquisition of McGrady, it vaults Houston into the top 2 of that division along w/SA.

I'd now look for Sacremento to make a run a Shaq offering up some combination of Miller, Webber and a few roll-players.

Steve Nash is a great pg. Weather hes 30 or not, hes a top notch player. Now the Suns need a big man inside and their set. I dont see them as a championship team... but how about them pistons? lol.

Back
Top Bottom