Stop it, Stop it, Stop it! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop it, Stop it, Stop it!

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
In just about every thread I have read today about trades, everyone is trying to pawn off our first rounder for this guy or that guy. I don't want to sound rude and I sm sorry for yelling but...............................STOP IT
We already don't have a second rounder. My God, do draft picks mean nothing to you guys. Look, I am not sold on Minor or Henry as a feature back either. But those two combined with a Mack or someone could get us through the season. Next year we can draft RB with our 1ST ROUND PICK, or sign James or possibly Alexander as a FA and use our 1ST ROUND PICK on another area of need. (i.e. QB, OL, LB, DL) I am OK with trading a mid level pick for Onterrio Smith or something like that. Oe even Ogun and a mid-rounder for stud RB like Alexander or James or even Henry. But we need our first rounder, especially because we don't have second round pick.
I know Ricky leaving sucks, but trading away yet another 1st rounder is not the answer. I would do it for Tomlinson and that's it. MAYBE Jamal Lewis if he didn't have the drug thing over his head. But even then I don't know.
I am glad some you guys aren't running the FO because if you were by the time April rolled around we wouldn't even need to show up for the draft because all our draft picks would be traded away.
OK rant over.

i agree w/ you except for all your "maybe"'s. i dont agree w/ trading our first round pick for ANYONE. we have had the slimest drafts in the past 2 years and this team is in deperate need of some young talent on both sides of the ball. remember, we still dont have a real QB. RB's are a dime a dozen. really they are. and as proven you cant build a team around a running back. look at baltimore. they had the best rb in the league last year, and arguably one of the best defenses in the league and they didnt do anything in terms of post season play. the thing i learned about this forum is that everyone jumps all over trade rumors and agrees w/ them. i for one (if anyone has ever read any of my posts) am all for rebuilding w/ youth. especialy on the offensive side of the ball. and our past 2 drafts havent let us do that.

give minor the job. as simple as that.

shalafi3455 said:
That's it you tell um Pigskin! Enough already!

I just don't see the logic in giving away a 1st round pick. And alot people here are throwing them away about as easily as they do used toliet paper. People are in panic mode. I hope Speilman isn't.

pigskinguy said:
I just don't see the logic in giving away a 1st round pick. And alot people here are throwing them away about as easily as they do used toliet paper. People are in panic mode. I hope Speilman isn't.

I hear yea borther! I totally agree with you! I'm tired of giving away top picks for players that aren't tops in the league!

I have to agree on this one. I think we should just tough it out with what we have and look at free agency when the years done.<----I'm not even thinkin about a losing season. Man I've already programmed myself. When we got Ricky 2 years ago I remember thinking "Damn, this is to good to be true. Am I dreaming?" It was too good to be true. The guy had baggage with him, everybody knew that. We just have to move on at a normal pace, not go out and trade things we don't even have to get someone who's not worth it.

We don't have a RB and our defence is aging. I agree completely, we need those damn picks more than ever.

I've said this in many other Posts, we need to keep Minor whom is going to surprise people if we give him the Opportunity and keep our draft picks, get our $$$ from Ricky sign CC/O-gun, Then we'll have $ and picks for next year, we will still be good because of guys like CC, D-bo, McMike, Feeley, Jeno, Kondrad. Our O-line is youthfull and inexperienced yes, but we didn't have youth except for Smith last year and the rest of the O-line were old men walkin. Lets use the New (D-bo, Jeno, Feeley, St.Claire) with the old(McMike, CC, Konrad, all the Defensive) Spread the Ball and let Minor run and run well cause he is fast.

pigskinguy said:
In just about every thread I have read today about trades, everyone is trying to pawn off our first rounder for this guy or that guy. I don't want to sound rude and I sm sorry for yelling but...............................STOP IT
We already don't have a second rounder. My God, do draft picks mean nothing to you guys. Look, I am not sold on Minor or Henry as a feature back either. But those two combined with a Mack or someone could get us through the season. Next year we can draft RB with our 1ST ROUND PICK, or sign James or possibly Alexander as a FA and use our 1ST ROUND PICK on another area of need. (i.e. QB, OL, LB, DL) I am OK with trading a mid level pick for Onterrio Smith or something like that. Oe even Ogun and a mid-rounder for stud RB like Alexander or James or even Henry. But we need our first rounder, especially because we don't have second round pick.
I know Ricky leaving sucks, but trading away yet another 1st rounder is not the answer. I would do it for Tomlinson and that's it. MAYBE Jamal Lewis if he didn't have the drug thing over his head. But even then I don't know.
I am glad some you guys aren't running the FO because if you were by the time April rolled around we wouldn't even need to show up for the draft because all our draft picks would be traded away.
OK rant over.

What is it your actually trying to say Pigskin? Spit it out already. :lol:

We are going to feel the ramifications from giving those two first round picks for Williams for years to come and it only hurts more now that we have nothing to show for them. No more trades for a first round pick unless it is for a stud qb !!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is one of the most sensable threads i've ever read on this website. and just to think, 3 months ago people were ready to offer up our whole draft for mark brunell. i seriously lost sleep on that that thought.

Yeah, let's NEVER trade a first round pick for a proven player......let's make sure we always have one to pick the next Jamar Fletcher, Sammie Smith, John Avery, Yatil Green, etc., etc.

I'm not saying that we should go give away a #1 pick......but I'm not against it in the right circumstance. What is the difference if we get a player of need THIS year or wait and take a PROSPECT next year.....not much in my eyes.....except we would know what we were getting.

pigskinguy said:
I know, I know. Sometimes I have a hard time conveying my true feelings....... :D

Maybe Ricky would be willing to give you his meds(seeing he isn't taking them anymore). It certainly helped him convey his true feelings. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom