Stop it, Stop it, Stop it! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop it, Stop it, Stop it!

pigskinguy said:
In just about every thread I have read today about trades, everyone is trying to pawn off our first rounder for this guy or that guy. I don't want to sound rude and I sm sorry for yelling but...............................STOP IT
We already don't have a second rounder. My God, do draft picks mean nothing to you guys. Look, I am not sold on Minor or Henry as a feature back either. But those two combined with a Mack or someone could get us through the season. Next year we can draft RB with our 1ST ROUND PICK, or sign James or possibly Alexander as a FA and use our 1ST ROUND PICK on another area of need. (i.e. QB, OL, LB, DL) I am OK with trading a mid level pick for Onterrio Smith or something like that. Oe even Ogun and a mid-rounder for stud RB like Alexander or James or even Henry. But we need our first rounder, especially because we don't have second round pick.
I know Ricky leaving sucks, but trading away yet another 1st rounder is not the answer. I would do it for Tomlinson and that's it. MAYBE Jamal Lewis if he didn't have the drug thing over his head. But even then I don't know.
I am glad some you guys aren't running the FO because if you were by the time April rolled around we wouldn't even need to show up for the draft because all our draft picks would be traded away.
OK rant over.

Oh............. hahahaah now it's not cool to discuss possibilities and theories......... oh that's cute........real cute.........

Im sitting on the fence on this disscussion. If we could trade a first and maybe something else for a guy like Ahman,LT, or Shaun, and maybe even Travis Henry i dont kno how u cant atleast think about it. the guy who made the point about Sammie Smith,Jamar Fletcher, John Avery etc. made a great point. Draft picks arent a sure thing, and if u can get a yound proven guy, y not at least consider it? Still tho, overall im for not giving away a 1st round pick...just playin some Devils Advocate:sr23: and making some points on the other side.

I will say tho, im reluctent to give O-Gun away for anything. our D needs to b stronger then ever now, and a loss of O-Gun could b fatal.

The only problem is RBs are not worth a first rounder unless they are tops in the NFL. RBs are found in many rounds. For example K. Barlow, C. Portis, O. Smith, D Foster, T. Henrey, C. Dillon, D. Davis, J Jones just to name a few. We are gonna take a hit without ricky no matter what and with our line so young any RB will struggle unless he is a awesome back.

The strength of our offence now is our passing game, we need to shift our focus to that area and work on our line and RB next season and those following it. Deveolping a young RB behind this line may do more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom