Stop with the blame of Gase for Raekwon on Special Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop with the blame of Gase for Raekwon on Special Teams

Run away, run away! He has a wet blanket for all the pitchforks and torches!

Here are some tidbits on special teams analysis for the howling masses. Amazingly, linebackers are a YUGE part of the equation. Whoda thunk it?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-special-teams-total-tackles

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2016/08/12/31798/ - scroll down about halfway for some nuggets.

FWIW, I saw on other sites Miami's STs ranked anywhere from 12th to 25th last year. Quite a spread.

People over-react to guys getting hurt all the time. It's football, some guys need to play ST, especially the younger guys, he wasn't a top 10 draft pick. Bad things happen in contact sports, it's unfortunate, but they do.

All non Nickel LBs play special teams, especially rookies that have no NFL experience.
All of these Madden GMs who think they know everything.

If you don't think RM was going to play ample time in Sub this year then you are about clueless.

Timmons is more of a liability in coverage...

All three of those guys were going to be paired together at different points in multiple different Sub packages.

You Don't run your rookie MLB 2nd round pick down on punt team in his first career play in a meaningless preseason game. You just dont.

Now if Kiko or Timmons go down. We will.have the worst LB corps in the NFL again if we don't already, then will you still stand by this?

All of these Madden GMs who think they know everything.

If you don't think RM was going to play ample time in Sub this year then you are about clueless.

Timmons is more of a liability in coverage...

All three of those guys were going to be paired together at different points in multiple different Sub packages.

You Don't run your rookie MLB 2nd round pick down on punt team in his first career play in a meaningless preseason game. You just dont.

Now if Kiko or Timmons go down. We will.have the worst LB corps in the NFL again if we don't already, then will you still stand by this?

you take away two starting LB's from any team and then tell me who would have a good LB unit

One of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard. He's a FB player and injury is part of the game. Second, he's a darn rookie and needs the snaps/experience. It's unfortunate that he got hurt but to wrap him up in bubble tape...please give me a break!

**** happens.

Never would consider blaming Gase for an injury like this

I say fire Gase now because no other team ever suffers injuries in football. Pathetic we have a coach who doesn't prevent them.

Yeah, but it's FH.

Always, ALWAYS looking for someone to blame.

I guess what I don't understand is why FH guys that post their expertise, their inestimable knowledge of football, don't simply get a job with the Dolphins. That way, all the correct decisions would be made and we would lose only one game per century. Guys like Gase and the FO would be shown the door, and we would have a guaranteed Lombardi every year.

I mean, it only makes sense, right? In fact, **** it: I think that the REAL blame should go on these forum members for NOT doing it!

I love fellow Dolphins fans. Every coach we've had the past 10 years has been a Saint. Trust in Cameron, Trust in Saban, Trust in all of them. No, so far all the coaches we've had have been quite incompetent. I despise the Patriots, but why don't they have these injuries and issues? The Patriots won the super bowl last year with an interior OL who cost less than 2 million combined. Bellicheck knows how to coach.

This really, really sucks but BB in NE uses starters on specials all the time and he has 5 rings. It's just shitty Dolphins luck of 2 of our own guys running into each other. Down 3 starters after preseason game 1, next man up.

Accidents happen. Miami has a strong Special Teams group and it was seen as a positive to further develop Raekwon McMillan's skills, but I'm really disappointed by his injury - (I'm very low). We finally drafted a really good young linebacker to develop and he lasts just a few minutes in a meaningless preseason game.
Question 1 - Why are we seeing a lot more ACL and MCL injuries than say 15 - 20 years ago?
Question 2 - The New England Patriots seem to consistently get fewer serious injuries than other teams. What do they do differently to avoid them, yet still play at a top level? How do they do it?

He was only gonna see the field when 3 linebackers we're on the field...it's a loss...it's not the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom