Struggling Ted Ginn has been given enough time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Struggling Ted Ginn has been given enough time

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This isn't about draft position or the corresponding expectations anymore. It's not about which of the current Pro Bowl performers the Dolphins might have had, or stupid jokes about the manner in which his selection was presented by the prior regime.

This is about accountability.

But Ginn, after nearly three years, doesn't appear to be the best former Buckeye receiver on the roster; Brian Hartline seems to make plays whenever given an opportunity, including Sunday's 67-yard touchdown off a simple well-thrown slant. Good NFL receivers make plays for their team, not for the opponent, as Ginn did when a ball went through his hands and into those of Darren Sharper, who scored to cut the Dolphins' lead to 24-17.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...i-dolphins-s102609,0,2296174.column?track=rss

I've always been in the grey when it comes to Ginn.

Yesterday may have made me a hater, but not because of the drops. Watching Ginn on the kickoff returns made me notice something. He does not want to get hit. I look at that like he cares more about himself than the team.

Maybe this just isn't the right sport for him. You have to put yourself out there and not kneel down every ball that goes 1 yard into the endzone and sprint for the sidelines on all the returnable balls.

And you have to catch the ball and be ready for the contact, not look for the contact and hope you get lucky enough to catch the ball.

I'm in no way blaming him for the loss. I think it falls mostly on the coaching staff. The team was not prepared, after two weeks, too play a complete football game.

Yesterday may have made me a hater, but not because of the drops. Watching Ginn on the kickoff returns made me notice something. He does not want to get hit. I look at that like he cares more about himself than the team.

Maybe this just isn't the right sport for him. You have to put yourself out there and not kneel down every ball that goes 1 yard into the endzone and sprint for the sidelines on all the returnable balls.

And you have to catch the ball and be ready for the contact, not look for the contact and hope you get lucky enough to catch the ball.

I'm in no way blaming him for the loss. I think it falls mostly on the coaching staff. The team was not prepared, after two weeks, too play a complete football game.

The Ginn drops upset the fans. The passive, don't hurt me playing style makes them irate.

I'm surprised your just noting that now. I've been passive on the Ginn criticism myself, but I've always noticed his need to avoid the hit. On passes over the middle he's countlessly let his body slide to the floor instead of hitting what little gap may be there for an extra yard or two. Its unbearable. Sporano needs to tie him to a pole at practice and have the entire defense get one good hit on him. Then he'll learn to take a hit and not fear it. It's embarrassing and I can't believe Sporano lets it slide.

I question whether Ginn wants to be a football player. His father was so involved in football camps and using football as a life learning tool that Ted may have felt obligated to apply his athletic ability to football even if he doesnt really have the mentality or desire for it.

clear.gif

This pretty much sums up Ginn. Look at Porter's face, he cant believe it either. LOL

I'm surprised your just noting that now. I've been passive on the Ginn criticism myself, but I've always noticed his need to avoid the hit. On passes over the middle he's countlessly let his body slide to the floor instead of hitting what little gap may be there for an extra yard or two. Its unbearable. Sporano needs to tie him to a pole at practice and have the entire defense get one good hit on him. Then he'll learn to take a hit and not fear it. It's embarrassing and I can't believe Sporano lets it slide.

You're right. I never really noticed it just because I always try to support players no matter how many mistakes they make.

But, when they stop giving their all on every play or start caring more about themselves than the team. The love is lost.

It's officail, after yesterday, I have declared Tedd Ginn a bust. If you guys look at my previous threads, you will note I have never been one to bash Ted Ginn Jr as I have always felt the jury was still out. Well, I am now verdict is in, I am labeling Ginn a bust.

Now where do I sign up for the Tedd ginn is a bust bandwagon?

It's officail, after yesterday, I have declared Tedd Ginn a bust. If you guys look at my previous threads, you will note I have never been one to bash Ted Ginn Jr as I have always felt the jury was still out. Well, I am now verdict is in, I am labeling Ginn a bust.

Glad to have you aboard. I've been the captain of the USS Ginn Sucks for a while now. :callme:

Totally agree. Ginn had his shot, now it's time to give someone else their chance.

Count me in now too!! He needs to ride the pine.

Back
Top Bottom