Suh vs Coyle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suh vs Coyle

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
I think this is basically the chess match between Suh vs Coyle:

Suh: "I would rather play a 1-gap defense"

Coyle: "You're going to play a 2-gap defense, and that's final"

Suh: "I just signed a $114 million contract, with $60 million guaranteed. I basically can't be cut. So I'm going to mail it in, cause Miami to lose a bunch of games, and force Ross's hand. By the end of the year, I'll still be here, but you won't."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-at-practice-seen-by-teammates-as-a-message/

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...s-defense-issue-on-defensive-coordinator.html

You can't mail it in going against double and triple teams son...

It just doesn't work like that.

EVERY other guy on the D-line might be mailing it in, but Suh is out there battling.

Did you see him run the QB out of bounds?

He doesn't run a 4.3.

The only reason he looked so fast is because the other guys are not trying

You can't mail it in going against double and triple teams son...

It just doesn't work like that.

EVERY other guy on the D-line might be mailing it in, but Suh is out there battling.

Did you see him run the QB out of bounds?

He doesn't run a 4.3.

The only reason he looked so fast is because the other guys are not trying

I don't know.

NBC pounded Ndamukong Suh on its pregame show tonight, with Rodney Harrison providing visual evidence in asserting that Suh "quit" on one play.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

You can't mail it in going against double and triple teams son... It just doesn't work like that. EVERY other guy on the D-line might be mailing it in, but Suh is out there battling. Did you see him run the QB out of bounds? He doesn't run a 4.3. The only reason he looked so fast is because the other guys are not trying
Give me a break! He is getting doubled "sometimes", but not all the time; and is not winning all the time even 1-on-1. This idea that he is constantly double-teamed is just crap.

Give me a break! He is getting doubled "sometimes", but not all the time; and is not winning all the time even 1-on-1. This idea that he is constantly double-teamed is just crap.

I didn't say he was double teamed all the time.

NO PLAYER at any position on the field on any team in the history of the NFL has won every battle on every play

That is just silly

btw, Miami's defense is currently #32 in rushing defense, and #32 in sacks.

In fact, we're currently on pace to shatter the NFL record for fewest defensive sacks in a season.

Our d-line isn't just bad. It's comically bad. Like it's not even there.

I don't know.

NBC pounded Ndamukong Suh on its pregame show tonight, with Rodney Harrison providing visual evidence in asserting that Suh "quit" on one play.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Quit on a play? Nah I didn't see that . . . he maybe turned the motor down on some plays because busting your azz all game just to see it not get you nowhere can be depressing and naturally you feel like what the hell.

You know what I did see though. I saw Fitzpatrick drop back and with the ball still in his hand and he's surveying the field . . . Cam Wake is going against the right tackle and he literally just "stopped" trying to attack the QB . . . while Suh is taking on a double team.

Suh hasn't mailed it in by a longshot, by far the only guy really giving a damn on that dline right now.

I posted this before, I remember back when Suh was signed both of those guys,

Wake & OV were joking around with a local writer, which should be a crime worth a fine in and of itself,

they were saying how next year they were both going to get 10 million dollar contracts.

OV and Wake are mailing it in.

They are both undersized DE's to begin with. OV was a player that got it done with 'want to', and Wake with speed.

Last year Wake disappeared in many games and OV as well.

The scheme is horrible though, that is a HUGE problem. There were plays where all the D-linemen lined up spaced out, and the LBers didn't line up in the gaps.

They gave up the middle of the field on many plays. There were many other plays where the LBers line up off and no where near the gaps.

They don't even try to run to the gaps. It looks like they are hiding right behind the DTs on many plays

coyle is dang ********. cant stand him

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

ive been wanting him gone for years.

I think this is basically the chess match between Suh vs Coyle:

Suh: "I would rather play a 1-gap defense"

Coyle: "You're going to play a 2-gap defense, and that's final"

Suh: "I just signed a $114 million contract, with $60 million guaranteed. I basically can't be cut. So I'm going to mail it in, cause Miami to lose a bunch of games, and force Ross's hand. By the end of the year, I'll still be here, but you won't."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-at-practice-seen-by-teammates-as-a-message/

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...s-defense-issue-on-defensive-coordinator.html

My question is, why would you sign a guy before hashing out with him and the coaching staff on how he will be used?

My question is, why would you sign a guy before hashing out with him and the coaching staff on how he will be used?

Because Suh and his agent aren't dumb. From a negotiations standpoint, they will say whatever is needed to lock up the $114 million contract, with $60 million guaranteed. But once Suh & the Fins sign that contract, then Suh has all the leverage. No NFL contract has clawback language about "not playing hard enough".

11 man on defense, stop talking about one player,,,,,right now we have maybe 4 good players on this team defense....

agreed.... i saw Suh completely get destroyed by Mangold often on Sunday... completely driven from the holes with powerful hand checks upon Suh.

suh doesnt seem to read well consistently, or maybe it is him just not being aggressive all the time???

11 man on defense, stop talking about one player,,,,,right now we have maybe 4 good players on this team defense....
which 4 ? Brent Grimes and Jelani Jenkins are the 2 I would probably give the nod although Brent's play has leveled off a little bit, but as for all the rest of the players on the defense side of the ball, I'm not seeing it right now.

With Tbum in charge, inmates are running the asylum.

Back
Top Bottom