Surprising stats on clemons, allowed lowest % of completions and TD's in his area | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Surprising stats on clemons, allowed lowest % of completions and TD's in his area

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Impending free agent Chris Clemons said if the Dolphins keep him and 2014 free agent Reshad Jones together longterm --- and Miami wants to keep both -- "we can be the best safety tandem in the NFL." Among all NFL safeties, Clemons allowed the lowest percentage of passes in his coverage area to be completed for first downs or touchdowns, according to ProFootballFocus. Jones was fifth.... Among 57 big cities, only Los Angeles had a worse TV rating for the Super Bowl than Miami-Fort Lauderdale.

Very surprising. I wish he was a little more of a ballhawk but if he is not allowing big plays then thats a positive!

One missing piece of information is much much he was targeted. I like our safeties, but the QB's were going elsewhere with the ball. That in itself says something, but before they are crowned, I would like to see it happen yearly.

Is there a % on how often he got ran over by an RB or did not intercept or deflect a pass?

The guy is fast and he would make a great back up but he is a mediocre starting FS safety at best.

Stats can be deceiving. I really like his attitude and drive if he believes what he is saying. If they feed off each other and play confidently, it could be possible.

i believe clemmons will be signed because he will be cheaper and he does what they ask of him regardless of what people think of his play, which was non-descript early becase he played centerfield by design.

If we keep Clemons (presumably for cheap) and decide not to upgrade safety in an offseason rife with FA safety talent, I'd like to see us focus big-time on upgrading the CBs (in other words, not just resigning Smith for big money).

If we aren't going to devote major resources to FIXING the CB problem, then let Clemons walk and get a better safety, making the strength of the secondary up the middle.

I wouldn't be upset if we re-signed Clemmons for a 2 year deal but I think a playmaking Safety like Baccari Rambo, Kenny Vaccaro, or Phillip Thomas needs to be taken in the draft this year. Clemmons was solid but we need turnovers to win games and he doesn't create many.

Clemons seems to quietly get his job done. If he created more TO's we'd hear more about him. Need more big plays out of the DBs in general.

Sign Clemons for a team friendly deal and keep him around for at least three years.

The guy has some talent and will only get better.

LD

He has that Ronnie Brown Phantom 4.3 speed....

Is there a % on how often he got ran over by an RB or did not intercept or deflect a pass?

The guy is fast and he would make a great back up but he is a mediocre starting FS safety at best.

Earl Thomas gets ran over by bigger backs also.

You can't have studs all over the field. He does his job. Chris Clemons/Reshad Jones is good tandem but we need some damn corners.

One missing piece of information is much much he was targeted. I like our safeties, but the QB's were going elsewhere with the ball. That in itself says something, but before they are crowned, I would like to see it happen yearly.

That's a good point, but the fact that they weren't picking on him is a good sign.

Clemmons doesn't have great ball skills, something you want from your FS . . . but he is a good tackler and he has great speed and can make up some ground in coverage. He's a guy Miami definitely should resign. He can man both safety positions and is just consistent from the time he was placed in the starting lineup.

I believe we may have heard this before.....Lets hope this one turns out better than Vontae and Sean.

Back
Top Bottom