T-Daniels Fan Club | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-Daniels Fan Club

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
I was very impressed with this kid. He plays with great technique and discipline and is a VERY good open field tackler. I now see why Saban is so high on this kid. He has tremendous upside. If only he could teach Sam how to tackle.

I watched Travis Daniels for what seemed like the entire game. Did he play the whole time? I know he played at least 3 of the quarters. One thing I noticed, and Tampa Bay did as well, is that he is weak in defending the quick mid slants for 4-6 yard gains. Tampa did it 3 times against him and 2 were caught and the other should have been caught. I noticed it in the HoF Game once or twice.

But still very impressed especially since he is a 4th round rookie draft pick going up against season veterans.

yea, he was pretty weak in the short pass game, but atleast he is a sold tackler, i think he just needs to learnt to break up more plays

I wasn't sure, but I think after the Roth pick, when after going out of bounce, some guy was still trying to tackle Roth, so Daniels punched the guy in the face.

Yeah those slants are pretty much a sure thing for the offense if executed right. He played them like he was supposed to. You dont want to gamble and make a mistake or else it could go for very big yardage. For a rookie, it takes great discipline to be able to do that. Especially after they've gone to it so many times. Thats what impressed me the most other than his tackling ability.

Dubfire said:
Yeah those slants are pretty much a sure thing for the offense if executed right. He played them like he was supposed to. You dont want to gamble and make a mistake or else it could go for very big yardage. For a rookie, it takes great discipline to be able to do that. Especially after they've gone to it so many times. Thats what impressed me the most other than his tackling ability.

thank you.... a knowledgeable fan... i was just about to say something similar...

Dubfire said:

Good point...i still think he was playing off the WR a little too much, but he is only a rookie and deffinatly prefoming vry well for his 1st season

That's good to hear. I was wondering if I was just noticing him missing it or if all the other CB's were as well.

Back
Top Bottom