Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

Fromm would be a horrible pick.

Miami could easily get the first pick by losing out. Then we pick the right QB for us which I think is Burrow. Burrow is very similar to Brady who out OC and HC have been around for a decade.

yes...I see the same similarities...not to put that pressure on Burrow...but the guy is accurate and smart....I’ve got him at QB1

I can't take anyone's opinion seriously if they don't think Burrow outplayed Tua yesterday.

For sure.

And Burrow was under pressure virtually every snap off the edge. Bama DEs clearly were off sides a few times I was shocked they weren’t called for it once.

Last edited:
For sure.

And Burrow was under virtually every snap off the edge. Bama DEs clearly were off sides a few times I was shocked they weren’t called for it once.

Yes, Tua is coming off of the ankle injury and i'm sure it affected him.

However, when evaluating prospects in any sport durability is a key component.

I didn't think the game was even as close as the score suggested.

Factor in the crowd. If you give Tua a pass with his injury how about how cool, calm and collected Burrow was as he was dissecting a defense in front of 100,000 crazed fans. Also if Silmm is slamming Burrow for putting up stats against bad defenses then what does that say for Tua? Their schedule is not close to LSU’s and the kid doesn’t have Tua’s weapons. This from a Tua fan! Tua put up inflated stats. Like fantasy Football, check out Matt Ryan. Burrow came out balling. If you can’t see the difference then yeah your in denial.
Burrow was consistent ALL game not just in the last 10-12 minutes. Tua fumbles the ball, throws a pick and then inflated his stats in that timeframe. He was barely above 50% on his passing through three quarters.

Last edited:
Yes, Tua is coming off of the ankle injury and i'm sure it affected him.

However, when evaluating prospects in any sport durability is a key component.

I didn't think the game was even as close as the score suggested.

Tua played pretty well too, that early fumble really swayed momentum. Jeudy had two big drops that might’ve changed the outcome but it appeared Burrow wasn’t going to lose that game under any circumstances. Clyde Edwards Helaire was pretty amazing himself last night.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any player try so hard to get a first down.

It felt like an NFL game on many levels. WRs from both teams were getting open at will.

Factor in the crowd. If you give Tua a pass with his injury how about how cool, calm and collected Burrow was as he was dissecting a defense in front of 100,000 crazed fans. Also if Silmm is slamming Burrow for putting up stats against bad defenses then what does that say for Tua? Their schedule is not close to LSU’s and the kid doesn’t have Tua’s weapons. This from a Tua fan! Tua put up inflated stats. Like fantasy Football, check out Matt Ryan. Burrow came out balling. If you can’t see the difference then yeah your in denial.
Burrow was consistent ALL game not just in the last 10-12 minutes. Tua fumbles the ball, throws a pick and then inflated his stats in that timeframe. He was barely above 50% on his passing through three quarters.
What are you talking about “he doesn’t have Tua’s weapons”. Burrows 3 WRs aren’t some scrubs who can’t play either. Where’s the people in here who said they didn’t want a mobile QB? Most of Burrow’s and Tua’s stats are padded by them short slants, because of the system. Only difference yesterday was Tua proved everyone wrong when they said he had a weak arm and couldn’t complete the long ball.
Both good QB prospects.

Last edited:
That’s ****ed up man. You need to settle down and no get so personal on a player that you don’t even know in real life, I’ve noticed with a lot of posters that no one insults Burrow or any other QB prospect other than Tua on his family life and lifestyle in here, why is that? Why wish injury on a player just to satisfy your needs? If you’re going to argue do it professionally not as a playground insult on a player or poster.

People insult Tua and his family because they want to and they can. When you are in the limelight and have grown men, supposedly learned in the game and unbiased, acting like he's the first coing after every completion, the level of scrutiny rises 100x.

Slimm gives his outtakes on a player with in depth knowledge and years of tape study, which shows in the draft forum, and he’s been doing it for years in here. If you don’t like his opinion form your own and see if you can do a better job in the draft forum because right now there’s only 3 maybe 4 who post in there that give really good insight on players and actually study all their tendencies, unlike the ones who just go in their and google them after a big game and give their “hot takes”.

Stop sounding like a battered wife who puts up with an abusive husband because he pays the bills.

Ted Slimm is disrespectful and needs to be checked. To his credit, he does it right in our faces and only gets away with it because people are impressed by his scouting.

His scouting...not:
  1. His allegiance to the team (he has none).
  2. Financially supporting the board (I've been here 3 years and can't recall a VIP banner by his name).
Support who supports you...Ted Slimm would just as soon laugh in your face as he would pat you on the back.

Not surprising that the trolls can't parse what happened last night. I hope Cincinnati is as clueless.

You mean Burrow going into a hostile environment (101,821 screaming, rabid fans) and dissecting a defense with about 6 future NFL players? I hope Cincy is clueless as well and chooses the Rickety Rocket.

People insult Tua and his family because they want to and they can. When you are in the limelight and have grown men, supposedly learned in the game and unbiased, acting like he's the first coing after every completion, the level of scrutiny rises 100x.

Stop sounding like a battered wife who puts up with an abusive husband because he pays the bills.

Ted Slimm is disrespectful and needs to be checked. To his credit, he does it right in our faces and only gets away with it because people are impressed by his scouting.

His scouting...not:
  1. His allegiance to the team (he has none).
  2. Financially supporting the board (I've been here 3 years and can't recall a VIP banner by his name).
Support who supports you...Ted Slimm would just as soon laugh in your face as he would pat you on the back.
The problem with your posts is that you take everything too personal and start attacking if it doesn’t coincide with your views. I’m not going to attack a poster because of his opinion, I’m going to read it and move on and form my own opinion. Be the bigger person and move along.

The “because they want to and can” tells me all I need to know about you.

The problem with your posts is that you take everything too personal and start attacking if it doesn’t coincide with your views. I’m not going to attack a poster because of his opinion, I’m going to read it and move on and form my own opinion. Be the bigger person and move along.
I disagree. I attacked Ted Slimm because he needed attacking. 99% of the time I attack an idea.

Now...please stop defending a person who very well may be a Patriots fan for all you know.

Tua is still the better prospect, even after last night's game. Tua has done it longer and better. I am concerned about injuries though. Burrow no doubt raised his stock last night and will likely be drafted top 5, but he still has some risks that may surface in the NFL.

I disagree. I attacked Ted Slimm because he needed attacking. 99% of the time I attack an idea.

Now...please stop defending a person who very well may be a Patriots fan for all you know.
I don’t care what team they root for. I’ve read Slimms, CK, j-off, and hoops thoughts on draft prospects for years on here and they’re by far the most knowledgeable posters on here that have anything to do with prospects in the draft.

Like I said if you want to start a following in the draft forum give professional thoughts on tape study not just hot takes formed on google. That’s like patients going into a Drs office and telling them their symptoms are such and such disease and to prescribe them a medication.

Back
Top Bottom