Tannehill not worried about past, Houston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill not worried about past, Houston

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE, Fla. -- The last time Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill played in Houston, he had a nightmarish game in his first NFL start against the Texans.

Tannehill's passes were batted down with amazing frequency. He was picked off three times. It was one of the few games Tannehill, Miami’s 2012 first-round pick, looked like a frazzled and shell-shocked quarterback last season.

On Saturday, Tannehill will return to Houston more confident and with a lot of new weapons. It’s only a preseason game, but Houston's starting defense should provide a nice test of Tannehill's progress before the regular season.

“Obviously I want a better showing. How can you not when you have a bad game?” Tannehill admitted this week. “But this is a new year. Different teams, completely different situations, and we are just going out to improve.”

Tannehill and Miami's first-team offense in the preseason has been inconsistent. Both times, the Dolphins got off to a slow start.
read more:http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/62448/tannehill-not-worried-about-past-houston

he better know where jj watt is AT ALL TIMES...if nothing else account for that guy every play

Well if his 20.5 sacks last year and the way the oline has been playing this year are any indication, I'm pretty sure he won't be hard to find :lol:

it's more than the sacks...the guys in throwing lanes all the time...we'd be smart to try and stay away from any quick inbreaking routes to that side if you ask me...really we'd be smart to try and stay away from throwing over there...but it is preseason and it's not like if it wasn't you could just cut off half the field...but you can definitely try and put some safer routes in the gameplan and tell tannehill to be very conscious of finding the lanes to throw through

Our guys would also be smart to knock him off his feet once in awhile. Watt just backed up and jumped as our o linemen stood and watched. If I'm 6'6" 315 lbs I'm knocking him flat on his ass hard everytime he leaves his feet.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

What comes first? A Miami Dolphins Superbowl, or a win versus the Texans? Trick question. The correct answer is Omar Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom