Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

The point remains: we have no way of knowing when you're wrong.

Or are you never wrong?

sure i have been wrong...but not usually about tape study...when you can replay it and analyze it over and over...hell that's not even a hard play to be honest...now leave me alone with the bs...i want to talk football not waste any more time with you

sure i have been wrong...but not usually about tape study...when you can replay it and analyze it over and over...hell that's not even a hard play to be honest...now leave me alone with the bs...i want to talk football not waste any more time with you
Well if you're capable of being wrong, and there's nothing to tell me when you are or aren't, I'll stick with another data source, thanks. :)

That is very interesting and telling. I don't think ur obsession with stats is as applicable in football as baseball. But, the percentage of times sacked per pressure league wide is a good one. It shows what I have been wondering. Is RT that bad at feeling pressure/ escaping.
Yes he is.
But, you are NOT allowed to be objective around here. You MUST blame everyone but the qb and make every excuse you can for him. That way the blind jock sniffers can pretend we have a "young Tom Brady"

That is very interesting and telling. I don't think ur obsession with stats is as applicable in football as baseball. But, the percentage of times sacked per pressure league wide is a good one. It shows what I have been wondering. Is RT that bad at feeling pressure/ escaping.
Yes he is.
But, you are NOT allowed to be objective around here. You MUST blame everyone but the qb and make every excuse you can for him. That way the blind jock sniffers can pretend we have a "young Tom Brady"

since you love to bait me i'd love to get your take on that play...watch it 100 times if need be

if they are gonna provide examples they should at least provide accurate ones

Yes he is.

How do you explain two independent sources putting the blame on the OL for the majority of the sacks?

Go ahead and deny it.... Angrily.....

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

He is in the distraction phase of his BS tactics......

Yes he is.
And now in this thread the fantasy is hinging on the interpretation of just one play, as if whether someone is right or wrong about that one play tells us which parts of the team to blame for the 58 sacks it took in 2013. :unsure:

since you love to bait me i'd love to get your take on that play...watch it 100 times if need be

if they are gonna provide examples they should at least provide accurate ones

I have not commented on that specific play. But, looks to me like RT came off his initial read (Clay) and did not have time to go to Sims...But, I don't know why we are talking about one play

How do you explain two independent sources putting the blame on the OL for the majority of the sacks?

Go ahead and deny it.... Angrily.....

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

He is in the distraction phase of his BS tactics......

I really don't care about two independent sources. I think we all agree a bad o line will usually lead to more sacks.
But, what you fail to grasp is a simple fact- Some qbs are better at not getting sacked as others. I think Gravity's stats showed Russel Wilson was under pressure more often than tannehill, yet he got sacked less. Also, as Gravity pointed out RT got sacked at a higher percentage of pressures than most QBs.
I know you are Tannehill's biggest cheerleader so I would expect your denial to not allow you to see reality.

Hmm....Tannehill was sacked 37 times in 2012, he was sacked 58 times in 2013.....the major differences and changes were the loss of Jake Long, the turmoil and loss of two other starters in the Martin/Incog situation, and degraded running back pass protect by Lamar Miller...but none of this had anything to do with the drastic change in sacks allowed?

It was all about Tannehill's play regressing, even though he managed to have a positive td/int ratio and increase his efficiency numbers overall?

We need to get the word to Hickey and Philbin...they don't need to waste cap space and draft picks trying to fill 4 holes on our O-line......they and nearly everybody else has it wrong, all of our eyes are deceiving us all, forget studying game film....Gravity has stats that tell the whole story.

I feel better now......McKinnie, Brenner, Pouncey, Jerry & Clabo.....Yeah, reminds me alot of Norm Evans, Larry Little, Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg and Wayne Moore.

Hmm....Tannehill was sacked 37 times in 2012, he was sacked 58 times in 2013.....the major differences and changes were the loss of Jake Long, the turmoil and loss of two other starters in the Martin/Incog situation, and degraded running back pass protect by Lamar Miller...but none of this had anything to do with the drastic change in sacks allowed?

It was all about Tannehill's play regressing, even though he managed to have a positive td/int ratio and increase his efficiency numbers overall?

We need to get the word to Hickey and Philbin...they don't need to waste cap space and draft picks trying to fill 4 holes on our O-line......they and nearly everybody else has it wrong, all of our eyes are deceiving us all, forget studying game film....Gravity has stats that tell the whole story.

I feel better now......McKinnie, Brenner, Pouncey, Jerry & Clabo.....Yeah, reminds me alot of Norm Evans, Larry Little, Jim Langer, Bob Kuechenberg and Wayne Moore.

58 in 588 in 2013, one every 10.1 pass attempts

Let's looks at some other young QBs from 2013:
Wilson: 9.3
Kaep: 10.6
Foles: 11.3
Newton: 11

I really don't care about two independent sources. I think we all agree a bad o line will usually lead to more sacks.
But, what you fail to grasp is a simple fact- Some qbs are better at not getting sacked as others. I think Gravity's stats showed Russel Wilson was under pressure more often than tannehill, yet he got sacked less. Also, as Gravity pointed out RT got sacked at a higher percentage of pressures than most QBs.
I know you are Tannehill's biggest cheerleader so I would expect your denial to not allow you to see reality.

Well there you go..... To hell with looking at the real plays, you've already made up your mind.

So some trumped up, bogus, illogical statistics are reality and evaluations of the actual plays in question by two independent sources are not..... okay, sure......

BTW, PFF (the fountain for most of the stats in Gravity's "objective" analyses) blames Tannehill for 2 more sacks than Wilson during the entire season. Meanwhile Miami's OL is blamed for 16 more sacks than Seattle's OL. Similarly, Football Outsiders blamed Miami's OL for TWENTY more blown block sacks and Wilson for 5 more coverage sacks.

Why are people so dense on this topic. These are not my evaluations.

58 in 588 in 2013, one every 10.1 pass attempts

Let's looks at some other young QBs from 2013:
Wilson: 9.3
Kaep: 10.6
Foles: 11.3
Newton: 11

I love stats to prove a point.. Unfortunately this isn't one of them . The Dolphins had 2 of the worse left tackles in the league and the worse RT.. Also trash at guards and a probowl center because of his name. Good job pouncey giving away the snap. But yes let's compare them to 5 guys who have similar numbers.

Back
Top Bottom