Tannehill's expectations for 2014 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's expectations for 2014

And 5 QBs had over 30 TDs last year. Foles had 27 and didn't start every game. I dont think these are unreasonable

I would like to see 7.4 yards per attempt.

I'll take my chances in the victory column and everywhere else if Tannehill reaches that level.

This is a good read on the matter, describing how interceptions can be overrated. Exactly. And that means less weight toward passer rating for predictive purposes. I'm not giving away my betting related formulas but yards per attempt with some adjustments is best, as this article describes:

http://www.footballperspective.com/correlating-passing-stats-with-wins/

I'll take my chances in the victory column and everywhere else if Tannehill reaches that level.

This is a good read on the matter, describing how interceptions can be overrated. Exactly. And that means less weight toward passer rating for predictive purposes. I'm not giving away my betting related formulas but yards per attempt with some adjustments is best, as this article describes:

I'm with you on this point. I don't have a lot of faith that Tannehill will grit out a lot of victories but the team can win a lot of games if he just puts up sheer numbers.

I'm with you on this point. I don't have a lot of faith that Tannehill will grit out a lot of victories but the team can win a lot of games if he just puts up sheer numbers.

You mean like he beat tom Brady. He has the clutch gene

For Dolphins to be in great shape for a playoff birth the following need to happen. First with this defense they will allow about 18-19 points per game. The offense has to get to 24 or over range. Tannehilll's numbers need to be 3900+ yards, 23+ td passess and no more than 13 INT's with a QB rating of atleast 88. Another major component is for Lazor to encourage and allow T'hill to run more. All in all the magic number is QB rating. 88+, we make the playoffs.

Dude. Give Up? No. But we have not had a winning record since 2008. Other teams turn it around in less time. Its time for Tannehill to step up. I think he can do it. But if we are not better then 9-7 change is coming yet again. Its the NFL Dude. If he cant get it done this year, he will be the next Chad Henne since Marino retired. Don't get caught up in the numbers, its about winning.

And winning is a TEAM accomplishment.

Should the Ravens cut Flacco? I mean come on they didn't make the playoffs! Matt Ryan - cut. Andy Dalton - cut. Sam Bradford - cut. Matthew Stafford - cut. Luck better win the big one or - cut. RGII - cut. Tom Brady? F'n washed up - cut. Manning? - cut both of them. Romo - cut. Nick Foles? One more chance or - cut. Cam Newton? We've waited long enough - cut. Hell, every three years cut ALL the QBs that haven't been to the SB in the previous three years. Should have 26 or so QBs cut every three years. After all, three years is long enough.

Tannehill should do HIS job. He should rise to the occasion rather than shrink from it but he can only do HIS job. It is up to the coaching staff, front office, and his teammates to do theirs.

I expect improvement as a player...What does that mean...

He has good vision, anticipation, and accuracy, but it can get better...Most of this is done with experience and coaching, hopefully Lazor makes this part of his focus (whether he coaches it himself or through the QB coach) even a slight improvement in these areas will help the completion percentage and cut down on ints.

Obviously his deep ball needs to get better, he does a solid job hitting most of his WR, but struggles with Wallace....again part of this was play design and time in the pockets, but he still needs to develop that "touch" that many other develop over their career.

His pocket awareness needs to improve...We saw this happen as the season progressed, but being as athletic as he is, there is no reason he couldn't have extended a half dozen of those plays.

Finally he needs to take control of this team....be the leader.

We don't have enough talent to win like Seattle does, with a QB managing the game and making 2 or 3 key plays each game. We need to win with the QB not making many mistakes, not getting sacked 4 times a game, and completing 65% of his passes.

I have long thought the biggest # for a QB other than TD/Int ratio is completion percentage in respect to # of negative yardage plays. If we can not have drops, and runs for minus 3 yards, and not get sacked for negative yards and not throw interceptions, you can get away with high percentage short passes and march down the field. As I said, I'm not sure we have that kind of offense yet, so I think our offense needs to operate more like Phillys this year....keep the tempo up, keep the defense on its heels, rotate the backs out. I think our downfall on offense this year is going to be the running back situation. I'm not thrilled with Moreno or Miller at this point. Miller has all the talent he needs, but needs to play like it, and Moreno was below average until Peyton's Place came along. To make up for that, Wallace and Tanny need to connect deep to open up the box for the running backs.

Barring injury to Tom or Peyton, we're not even in the discussion for the Super Bowl, look at their rosters and don't kid yourself. However, we do have the talent if Tanny plays well to win a wild card and possibly make the second round.

And winning is a TEAM accomplishment.

Should the Ravens cut Flacco? I mean come on they didn't make the playoffs! Matt Ryan - cut. Andy Dalton - cut. Sam Bradford - cut. Matthew Stafford - cut. Luck better win the big one or - cut. RGII - cut. Tom Brady? F'n washed up - cut. Manning? - cut both of them. Romo - cut. Nick Foles? One more chance or - cut. Cam Newton? We've waited long enough - cut. Hell, every three years cut ALL the QBs that haven't been to the SB in the previous three years. Should have 26 or so QBs cut every three years. After all, three years is long enough.

Tannehill should do HIS job. He should rise to the occasion rather than shrink from it but he can only do HIS job. It is up to the coaching staff, front office, and his teammates to do theirs.

Dude. I am not a total Tannehill homer like you. If he would have gotten the job done, and put up more then 7 points the last 2 games, and the Dolphins would have gone to the Playoffs, no argument from me man. Your argument is weak because the difference between all those Quarterbacks (Flacco, Foles, Brady, Romo, Ryan) they all have accomplished things, Super Bowls, Playoffs, Foles had a absolute monster break out year. What has Tannehill done?

Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.

What has he done? 2 mediocre years. Better question? If Tannehill does not have a successful 2014 campaign what is your opinion? 3 years no playoffs or improvement? He will be no different then Chad Henne. I want to win man. Dolphins!! The Goal is to get to the playoffs. He was outplayed by Geno Smith last game of the season. Through 2 interceptions, could not run for a first down. That's the facts Jack.

Funny, after reading the first two pages, I was about to post something along the lines of:

His yardage and TD totals are beyond his control. I'd like to see his YPA around 7.5.

But, of course, you beat me to it.

Back
Top Bottom