Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This remains a highly broken roster. Gase is making do. I still want a gm who will give him a group of young studs

i ascribe our recent success to Gase, not Tannenbaum. we were pure **** with Philbin and lets be honest here, we could have easily lost the last 3 games. our team actually made plays in the last minute of those games, thats a player/locker room thing, not a management thing. Parker and Tunsil fell into our laps and were the overwhelmingly obvious picks to make, to the point that there would have been massive uproar if we had chosen other players. i do give credit to tannenbaum for canning philbin, although he should have done it a year sooner.

The Tannenbaum hate is getting absurd.
Player acquisitions are not done in a vacuum by one guy. Sure, all the moves have not panned out but at least give them credit for those that have. Sheesh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank heavens Ross had a reliable "secret scout" targeting Gase and instructed Tannenbaum to help get it done.

One of my prevailing fears was that TBum would be given autonomy to hire a HC like Rex or Mangini.

This remains a highly broken roster. Gase is making do. I still want a gm who will give him a group of young studs

Truthfully . . . the roster has more impact young players than any Jeff Ireland put together roster.

Remember in 2015, Tannenbaum took a hard line and cut a hearty chunk of dead weight, taking on dead cap in the process . . . . mostly revolving around arguably the worst offseason in franchise history aka 2013.

Take a look at this current roster:

Tannehill - 2015 extension, during a time of uncertainty in regards to the QB, at what is looking like a bargain right now
Suh - Huge contract that got scrutinized, but no question he is the best DT in the NFL and his leadership and work ethic, on and off the field, has been a mandatory force behind this win streak
Kiko/Maxwell - All Tannebaum
IAQ - 2016 offseason
Branch - 2016 offseason
Wake - 2016 extension coming off an ACL
The Offensive Line - Took him less than a year of control to put a competent group in front of Tannehil.
The Gase Hire - People may not want to credit him . . . but he was here
Present for bringing in guys like: Parker/Stills/Lippett/Tunsil/Phillips/Howard/Hewitt/Carroo

Literally the only guys he has had nothing to do with that have an impact on this team is Reshad Jones and Jarvis Landry . . . and there is a great chance both get extensions.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but some credit is due to Mike Tannenbaum and his crew . . . they have done a great job when the majority of the board counted them out from day 1.

Wow, serious necropost moonman.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I cannot praise Tannenbaum at this point. Gase is the difference maker at this point. I am not sure he was Tannenbaums guy.

Truthfully . . . the roster has more impact young players than any Jeff Ireland put together roster.

Remember in 2015, Tannenbaum took a hard line and cut a hearty chunk of dead weight, taking on dead cap in the process . . . . mostly revolving around arguably the worst offseason in franchise history aka 2013.

Take a look at this current roster:

Tannehill - 2015 extension, during a time of uncertainty in regards to the QB, at what is looking like a bargain right now
Suh - Huge contract that got scrutinized, but no question he is the best DT in the NFL and his leadership and work ethic, on and off the field, has been a mandatory force behind this win streak
Kiko/Maxwell - All Tannebaum
IAQ - 2016 offseason
Branch - 2016 offseason
Wake - 2016 extension coming off an ACL
The Offensive Line - Took him less than a year of control to put a competent group in front of Tannehil.
The Gase Hire - People may not want to credit him . . . but he was here
Present for bringing in guys like: Parker/Stills/Lippett/Tunsil/Phillips/Howard/Hewitt/Carroo

Literally the only guys he has had nothing to do with that have an impact on this team is Reshad Jones and Jarvis Landry . . . and there is a great chance both get extensions.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but some credit is due to Mike Tannenbaum and his crew . . . they have done a great job when the majority of the board counted them out from day 1.
I don't really have a lot of faith in Tannenbaum. Honestly, he still makes me uneasy ... maybe it is the Sanchez thing.

But Kdawg's post is spot on. Our salary cap, roster and and synergy all seem to be headed in the right direction.

Tannehill and the weather may have been the lure to bring in Gase, but Tannenbaum was surely the effective salesman. And he seems to be giving Gase what he wants when push comes to shove (e.g. Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner and Jamil Douglas). We are getting the types of players our coaches want, and our coaches are building a team out of the raw clay.

Tannenbaum has held the salary cap line except for a few big splurged like Suh, who have proved to be worth the money unlike Wallace.

So, we shall see.

Tannenbaum didn't franchise Charles Clay. Never upgraded offensive line, never upgraded linebackers, overpaid Mario Williams, signed Arian Foster.

He's been far from good. Gase and staff is the difference.

Tannenbaum didn't franchise Charles Clay. Never upgraded offensive line, never upgraded linebackers, overpaid Mario Williams, signed Arian Foster.

He's been far from good. Gase and staff is the difference.

giphy.gif

Didn't Upgrade o-line? Tunsil and Bushrod? As well as serviceable depth like Steen...

Didn't upgrade LB's? Kiko?

Signed Arian Foster? Several players have said his leadership and Vet presence was invaluable...

Didn't Franchise Charles Clay? Good....Buffalo overpaid like crazy for him....

Overpaid Mario Williams....yeah you can have that one, although after this year we can cut bait with little impact.

giphy.gif

Didn't Upgrade o-line? Tunsil and Bushrod? As well as serviceable depth like Steen...

Didn't upgrade LB's? Kiko?

Signed Arian Foster? Several players have said his leadership and Vet presence was invaluable...

Didn't Franchise Charles Clay? Good....Buffalo overpaid like crazy for him....

Overpaid Mario Williams....yeah you can have that one, although after this year we can cut bait with little impact.

Bushrod came because Gase convinced him. Tunsil fell in our laps by the grace of bong.

Kiko was a great add but we didn't do anything to bolster talent or depth. We scrapped at the bottom of the barrel to find Donald Butler. Misi and Jenkins have long history of being made of glass.

Relying on Maxwell to replace Grimes wasn't an upgrade but basically a lateral move.

Buffalo could have never paid Clay if we franchised and signed him longer term a year later when they were out of Rex F-You money.

From what I'm reading there was a concern with Hickey's ability to run the day-today operations not disatisfaction with his personnel evaluation. Though Hickey is said to be in charge of the roster, you can't help but think every decision will now have to have Tannenbaum's stamp of approval. Quite honestly, Tannenbaum and Mangini put together a core of solid talent via the draft and smart FA acquisitions. Problem is that when the Jets went into win now mode his decisions were often ill conceived.

The obvious backlash because he was in the Jets organization you expect from some. But for those that can look beyond their disdain for his background in the enemy camp you may see this may not be a bad move long term.

:chuckle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the coaching staff is carrying tannenbaum

but at least we finally got the coach part right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom