Tavon Austin our new RB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tavon Austin our new RB?

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
This guy could really be used. He would add to an already explosive wr group and is one heck of a rusher. He was mostly used I the slot at WVU but he was used at RB in the Oklahoma gameplan and rushed for over 300 yds. He may be better than Miller for us. This guy is a football player.

Was that the game where he had like 500 or 600 total combined yards? That game was crazy. And was mainly a runningback in high school I believe.

Lol at him being better than Miller! The guy had a system in WVU in which allowed him to rush for that many yards, yes I like him as a slot guy but its just laughable to think he's better than Lamar Miller at his own position.

Tavon is a monster with that type of speed. All the critics keep saying the number 12 pick is too early for him. I say who cares if you really think the guy will be a major piece to the fins future and success, then do it!

im so sick of Austin hype. Why dont we play him at LT if Jake leaves?

He's a Dexter McCluster clone, and you sll know how well that worked out for KC. I might take a flyer on him if he falls to the third round, but he won't.

How many little fast guys are truly and consistently NFL stars? Have we not learned anything? If Welker wasn't playing with Brady the only ones you could argue are DeSean Jackson and Santana Moss a few years ago.

Us drafting Austin at #12 would be equally as bad as us drafting Ted Ginn at #9

I love his versatility. A creative offensive coordinator will have a lot of fun with this kid.

He's a Dexter McCluster clone, and you sll know how well that worked out for KC. I might take a flyer on him if he falls to the third round, but he won't.

please GTFOH with that comparison. McCluster ran a 4.58 at the combine. Austin a 4.34 (4.25 hand timed), there is no comparison. If anything, McCluster is more like a Bess clone. there are very few players in the NFL with the quicks that Austin will bring to us, only similar players i can think of offhand are Spiller, CJ, Charles, Harvin, Hester, RG3 and maybe Vick. We can transform our offensive speed from plodding to elite in one offseason. I wouldnt pass that up because we have to fill a hole at tackle or corner (when we have 4 picks to address these spots on day 2).

I like the kid but not as a primary back, that's a reach in this league.

Back
Top Bottom