Tell me why this is news? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me why this is news?

Enforcerfin33

Los Lonely Boys the Return....
Reaction score
I cant go to any of the major sports pages without seeing it, and honestly it upsets me, greatly! John Ameachi comes out, he's gay. Whoopi for him! Does this make him a better basketball player? No. Does it change how he will....NOT..play basketball? No. So why is this news? Who really cares? Peoples sexual orientation should have no place in the world of sports. If Kevin Garnett came forward and said..."I'm straight. " The Media and fans would be like.....AND? So why is it any different if the athlete is gay? The fact that they make a big deal out of it, is a major reason why it is a major deal. Get over it! We watch you to watch the game, not to see "which side of the field your playing"

I dont know why people care honestly. Hopefully we get to a point where I guy says 'Im gay' and everyone just says 'and?'

The first former NBA player that comes out and admits he's gay is news. Personally I don't care but I think it's sad that it'd be a distraction to a team. Unfortunately it would be if any guy came out while playing. Everybody believes the players would be the problem but personally I think drunk fans and the media looking for a public interest story would be a bigger problem. The funny thing is that everybody has been around a homosexual person and has not realized it and it made no difference because they did not know.

The first former NBA player that comes out and admits he's gay is news. Personally I don't care but I think it's sad that it'd be a distraction to a team. Unfortunately it would be if any guy came out while playing. Everybody believes the players would be the problem but personally I think drunk fans and the media looking for a public interest story would be a bigger problem. The funny thing is that everybody has been around a homosexual person and has not realized it and it made no difference because they did not know.

Yeah it's almost like the attitdude is 'It's okay if your gay...just dont tell me' even if no-one actually says that, it's almost a mindset for some people.

Yeah it's almost like the attitdude is 'It's okay if your gay...just dont tell me' even if no-one actually says that, it's almost a mindset for some people.
Yes, but it shouldn't be, why does he feel the need to "come out"? It doesn't change anything. To me it feels like making a big press release and writing a book about it etc, is flaunting it. And again like I said before, it would'nt fly for a straight guy, so why should this be any different.

Yes, but it shouldn't be, why does he feel the need to "come out"? It doesn't change anything. To me it feels like making a big press release and writing a book about it etc, is flaunting it. And again like I said before, it would'nt fly for a straight guy, so why should this be any different.

Well I think it's partly because when you meet someone you assume they are straight until you learn otherwise, so being gay is more....rare.

I don't like it at all, I don't think people should care what anyone else likes sexually. Thats all it is, a preferance....I know some people that like a lot weirder things than men. <-- for some reason that made me laugh.

Well I think it's partly because when you meet someone you assume they are straight until you learn otherwise, so being gay is more....rare.

I don't like it at all, I don't think people should care what anyone else likes sexually. Thats all it is, a preferance....I know some people that like a lot weirder things than men. <-- for some reason that made me laugh.
well...your 16..its to be expected:rolleyes::lol:

If I found out that Dwyane Wade was gay, I'd never watch another basketball game in my life.

well...thats you, but thats not the point, its the fact that it shouldn't be news, not sports news.

You're right, but this is ESPN......anything that involves players or former players = regarded as news. They're looking for the buzz, not the quality of sports news.

Headline: "Former NBA Player Comes Out; Admits To Being Gay"

People are automatically interested in watching the following Sports Center.

whats gross is he was showering wit dudes and the dudes didnt know it, he all checkin them out

Exactly. Wouldn't it give you a nasty taste to here that years later, a guy who you showered with and changed in front of, is gay? Jeez.......I'd be scarred for life. Imagine if you remember him LOOKING at you!

I'd have to go find him and beat the living **** out've him. :nono:

Exactly. Wouldn't it give you a nasty taste to here that years later, a guy who you showered with and changed in front of, is gay? Jeez.......I'd be scarred for life. Imagine if you remember him LOOKING at you!

I'd have to go find him and beat the living **** out've him. :nono:
I find it hard to belive you live in Miami, and are this homophobic...I'm from Ft. Lauderdale, I remember how it was.:rolleyes:. But if he never "comes out" you dont know.

I find it hard to belive you live in Miami, and are this homophobic...I'm from Ft. Lauderdale, I remember how it was.:rolleyes:. But if he never "comes out" you dont know.

Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Gardens = two completely different areas.

Where I grew up, the only gays were definitely the closet ones.. surely.

Also, I'm Jamaican. I think that kind've gives better reasoning here. :lol:

I won't even express how most of us feel on the subject, and for one reason. I respect Finheaven and all of its contributors, so I don't really want to offend anyone or get banned. I'm not as homophobic as I was in middle school and my early years of high school though. Later on in high school, and now in college, has changed my views. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS - I just don't want to be touched, looked at, or bothered by one. I don't really want to be associated with either. I've never had a gay friend, and no offense, never will.

Back
Top Bottom