Thank god, but what if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank god, but what if...

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Wade Smith Injury Update...
Posted on: 2004-07-01

[Miami Herald] "An MRI revealed no structural damage to the right knee of left tackle Wade Smith, who was injured in a conditioning drill Tuesday. Smith was diagnosed with a sprained medial collateral ligament and is expected back by the starting of training camp July 30."

:) :cooldude: :D :cool: :clap:

This is great news!But it does get me thnking, what kind of depth do we have at this position?Do u think Vernon Carey or St.Clair could really step up to the task of starting LT? Guards,Center, and RT all seem to be deep, but wut do we do if Wade goes down in the mid season?

The one thing that I really like about the guys rick is bringing in is that they are all very versatile, that is something that we really lacked last year, look at guys like carey and st.claire alone, carey has played 4 positions out of 5, and st.claire can play all 5. Wade smith can also move in, if need be and mckinney can play G or C too. The fact that these guys are so versatile will make it that much easier if some1 were to go down.

That's great news! I think Wade Smith is gonna be a really good LT. He got burned last year. But the guys that burned him we some of the more elite DEs in the NFL. Plus he was in his rookie season. You can't really fault him for that. He is gonna be good this year, I have a lot of faith in this guy. I'm very thankful his injury is not serious.

I have no idea what we'd do if he were to get a serious injury. We'd be in trouble at LT.

FinFan24 said:
What kind of depth do we have at this position? Do you think Vernon Carey or St.Clair could really step up to the task of starting LT? Guards,Center, and RT all seem to be deep, but what do we do if Wade goes down in the mid season?

It's easy..if Wade Smith gets hurt, we put in Damion McIntosh. The guy has started 38 games at LT in the last 3 years. He's off the crutches already..he's a solid player...He should be ready for the start of the season.

Gladsadmad said:
It's easy..if Wade Smith gets hurt, we put in Damion McIntosh. The guy has started 38 games at LT in the last 3 years. He's off the crutches already..he's a solid player...He should be ready for the start of the season.

I don't think we'll see him playing by the season's start. If that was the case then I'd be very happy. That'd mean Carey SHOULD move to guard and McIntosh SHOULD play RT. Ah ****, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom