Thank You Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank You Ricky

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
First let me say what he did, had horrible timing, but is what is needed. Yes he had a ton of yards, but at 3.4 YPC it was not making too many big plays just getting it here and there. We had become to predictable.

1. A player who doesnt want to play will not break any records.

2. If the coaching staff does this situation right we wont be as predictable because no one will be expecting run as much. And we shouldnt be running to often.

3. And now we are not a favorite already being written off as having a losing season by evreyone. Good we can now be like carolina and stun the crap out of evreyone when we demolish teams without them knowing.

Ricky helped himself by doing somthing he wanted to do for himself. And although he left us high and dry, just maybe helped us because, I do belive Minor can be nearly as effective and this year more than ever I think we can make the superbowl because we are surrounded by all kinds of stupid things its time for us to prove somthing now.

I agree, in this game if your heart is not in it, you can get hurt fast..I'm looking forward to our new look O, with CC, DB, RM, Konrad and company being the center pieces..and of course I expect us to keep running with Minor and Henry..who I think wil surprise..just needed a break in a crowded backfield.

I would love to think that Minor can be as effective but it's simply not true. Minor has good speed and I do think he is a good back, but we won't get the same production out of him that we got out of Ricky. Ricky may have only gotten 3.5 YPC but with our offensive line it really wasn't bad at all. Losing Ricky is a huge loss and nothing about this situation is good for our team. This is horrible. I would love to be optimistic about it but I can't.

iceblizzard69 said:
I would love to think that Minor can be as effective but it's simply not true. Minor has good speed and I do think he is a good back, but we won't get the same production out of him that we got out of Ricky. Ricky may have only gotten 3.5 YPC but with our offensive line it really wasn't bad at all. Losing Ricky is a huge loss and nothing about this situation is good for our team. This is horrible. I would love to be optimistic about it but I can't.

I am a very optomistic person, and i cant get behind this. I just cant. too many ? on the Oline and QB and now RB? Now i think we have alot of bodies who a very servicable and capable of taking it to the next leve. I think Jeno James is for real. I think wade smith is good. But the others i do not. Carey, St James, Mccnitosh, jerman.........i dont know.

The RBs we have right now can get 3.5 ypc because the line will be better. If the passing game will be better and the defense will be better than the team will be fine.

My thoughts are that maybe if we take the $3 million they were going to pay Ricky and pick up 3 all-purpose RB's of different styles then maybe we can do RB by committee. Defenses study tape and tendencies. With 3 RB's doing 3 different things maybe that will cross up some defenses and cause havoc that way. And then when you think RB #1 is going to bust it we lob a little 7 yard post to Boston as he screams down the middle to the end zone.

Hey, stranger things have happened, right New England?

Yeah, he only averaged 3.5, but your forgetting that he was a home run hitter. Ricky was the equivalent of a cleanup hitter. You can't replace a cleanup hitter with a .300-singles hitter. That's what hurts the most, losing the threat of the long ball... which is now somewhere in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom