The 2006 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thread

Perfect23 said:
I thought you liked the Marlins or you goona ride the d-rays bandwagon.

last I checked, teams that are 7 games under .500 don't have bandwagons.

no kidding. that was a tough loss to swallow. this team is going to be pretty good the rest of the season barring any injuries though. we've got rocco and cantu back, and we are going to score boat loads of runs. Getting Gathright and Lee/Huff out of the lineup boosted us a great deal.

jamie sheilds looks unbelieveable to so far, put him along with Kazmir and Hendrickson, and we have a pretty good 1-3 in the rotation. bullpen has been better of late, and will only get better and better, but thats still the week point.

Nappy Roots said:
no kidding. that was a tough loss to swallow. this team is going to be pretty good the rest of the season barring any injuries though. we've got rocco and cantu back, and we are going to score boat loads of runs. Getting Gathright and Lee/Huff out of the lineup boosted us a great deal.

jamie sheilds looks unbelieveable to so far, put him along with Kazmir and Hendrickson, and we have a pretty good 1-3 in the rotation. bullpen has been better of late, and will only get better and better, but thats still the week point.

That's awesome Nappy. I feel better already. :hi5:

kazmir i one of my fav pitchers, he is great
btw the dbacks are HORRIBLE

King Nate said:
Did we get a good deal or did we get shafted?

well i dont like howell to much, and i was a fan of gathrights. but as far as hitting, gathright was degressing. hitting very porely, his baserunning wasnt nearly as good as it should be considering how fast he was, and even though he covered so much ground in center, with his mistakes, he was just an average defender. not to mention he had no place in our future.

So i really think its a wash, i think Howell has a chance to be a ML pitcher for us, but at the same time, if Gathright improves some things, he could be a good ML player, just not for us. Joeys value was low because of his year so far, so this is probably all we could get. Not a trade i jump for joy, but atleast we are getting prospects/players in the position we need the most.

when kazmir has that slider working, he's completely untouchable. i expect another great start against the yankmes.

Back
Top Bottom