The Ability To Receive Notifications When A Poster Responds Directly To Your Post | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ability To Receive Notifications When A Poster Responds Directly To Your Post

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm on several non-sports related forums and appreciate the fact that I get alerted whenever someone replies to my posts.

I believe all of those forums use Xenforo, so I'm not sure VBulletin even has this capability. Nor do I know if this would create more backoffice "work" than does the "Likes" notification. Doesn't seem so in the Xenforo forums I'm on. :idk:

Anyway, IMO this would be a nice feature if feasible. Your thoughts?

I know what are talking about but I'm not sure if we can do that here. I will forward your inquiry to the front office. :up:

I know what are talking about but I'm not sure if we can do that here. I will forward your inquiry to the front office. :up:

I think what you're saying Daytona is that you will run it up the flagpole and see just how many figures are used to salute it, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an example of what I mean redacted but from another forum.. What's also nice is that the most recent set of "alerts" drop down when hovered over instead of having to be opened in another page

jp7zvr.jpg

Daytona ask if we could do it in the staff forum and here was Bill's answer

yes, but no we won't do it. too much traffic, too many ways that service bogs down site performance.

Daytona ask if we could do it in the staff forum and here was Bill's answer

Thanks Fishy. Don't want to gum up the works, although one of the boards I'm on has thousands on at night, is also graphics-intensive and never seems to bog down. I know they made the transition from vbulletin to xenforo a few generations of Xenforo upgrades back, as have several others, and it seems to be the forum software of choice. :idk:

I like it and the new feature that lets you send a PM right from your post as well :up:

I must say I don't care for this. I like the idea in theory, but PMs show up as separate windows and to clear the notifications you have to click on each individual PM. Already in the pofo I've taken to not quoting the posts of people I'm talking to so as to avoid crowding their inbox (and vice versa).

I keep getting this all of a sudden, is it an option that can be turned off? I am a member of a forum that has a subtle notification system when you get quoted and this is very helpful, but a pm is a little much imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my inbox filled the rest of the way up quickly.

On the bright side ... It did get me to clear old infraction PM's (some dating back to 2010)

But yeah, I can see this becoming annoying really quickly. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom