The best part of the 99.5 yard td pass.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The best part of the 99.5 yard td pass....

Stringfellow Has long odds of making the team

How many passes and punts did grant drop against the Falcons?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this Stringfellows 1st game? What has he shown as a WR compared to Grant? "Granted" that he wasn't going against #1's or #2's. But this has to be at least encouraging.

I hope they put him in with the 2's next week to see how he performs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this Stringfellows 1st game? What has he shown as a WR compared to Grant? "Granted" that he wasn't going against #1's or #2's. But this has to be at least encouraging.

I think it's a senseless debate if we're going to use what either player had shown as a receiver in the NFL. This was Stringfellow's first game and Grant had one good preseason game as a receiver last year. Outside of that neither had anything on paper that would warrant even having the discussion. I think both players have a shot especially with Ford and Scott injured. However, I also think there could be some cuts prior to the regular season from other teams that could be just as promising. For example if the Packers cut Jeff Janis I might consider him based on his experience, size speed and he's still young. Plus Janis is decent on special teams. I'm uncomfortable knowing that outside of our starting 3 receivers we have a combined career total of 3 regular season receptions with the other 9 receivers currently on the roster. Or that Landry has 288 receptions in three NFL seasons, the rest of the receiving corp in camp has a combined total of 249.

Last edited:

Well know the kind of playmaking ability grant offers (and he rarely saw the field as a wr last year- like 15 snaps?) his hands are suspect but what exactly does Stringfellow bring other than the flavor of the preseason like so many have come and gone before...? Hardly anyone would be talking about him if anyone tackled him like they should have

It's just odd to write one off or the other when they are basically at the same stage of their careers

He didn't have a flashy 99 yard td, but I think Owusu looked just as good as Stringfellow on Thursday night. He did a good job of making two contested receptions in traffic and getting his feet down inbounds on both, one for a td and the other for key first down late.

The battle for our #5 WR is definitely going to be interesting to see unfold. Lots of talented prospects.

Back
Top Bottom