The Bleach Report has the Phins Drafting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Bleach Report has the Phins Drafting

kellyh3034

Scout Team
Reaction score
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson. Their reasoning,

"
Wildcard. The Miami Dolphins refuse to do anything conventional, and after an injury to Ronnie Brown hurt their playoff hopes it's time for Miami to add another piece to their Wildcat puzzle.
The Phins have a strong rushing attack and mixing in Spiller for 10 rushes and five receptions per game will only make them that much more explosive. The Phins don't have a giant need for a return man but letting Ted Ginn handle kicks and Spiller handle punts is the most dangerous return tandem of all-time.
Miami could use some more tools on D. A nose, inside backer, and safety would all upgrade their D at this point of the draft.
I just don't see how Spiller will fall much farther than 10, if he runs a sub 4.4 forty teams may be trading up to get him."

I would come completely unhinged if we draft an offensive player that is not a receiver at 12. I think we will go linebacker but definately not a running back.

if we draft Spiller,I better not see Ginn still returning any kicks.....period.

If Spiller is the BPA, so be it. You don't have to be a WR to help in the passing game.

Would be interesting for kick returns....kick it to Ginn or Spiller?

if we can fill our defensive holes via free agency, then i dont mind drafting spiller. if not, then no way, we must draft ilb in my opinion either spikes or mcain.

They clearly have no idea what they're talking about. Sparano even said now that we have a quaterback, were going to be going back to the conventinal style. They only started the wild cat because we had Ronnie and Ricky and they wanted to take advantage of that.

Spiller wouldn't surprise me if he is BPA. Ricky will retire after next year, they need help in the return game and they need speed, period

I'd be surprised if he falls that far, but he is a good RB and if you can get one that is that good then I say go for it. the draft is deep in all the positions the fins need so there will be plenty of talent to choose from.

I'll take spiller in heart beat. Ricky is old and Ronnie is hurt AGAIN. Him Lex and polite would give us backfield for the next 5 years. Dez will be gone by our pick and there isn't another wideout deserving to be a 12th pick. This draft is loaded with linbackers so I see us honestly taking this kid if he's available.

Spiller made the University of Miami look the University of The Little Sisters of the Poor

(Loaded with ILB's?)

We did not lose games due to lack of passing yards.

We did not lose games due to lack of rushing yards.

We lost games due to lack of solid defense and giving up fumbles and interceptions.

(Loaded with ILB's?)

We did not lose games due to lack of passing yards.

We did not lose games due to lack of rushing yards.

We lost games due to lack of solid defense and giving up fumbles and interceptions.

Were also not going to make a Superbowl run realistically next year either.

Don't think drafting for need is immediately going to make us contenders.

Take the BPA and you'll never regret it. Especially considering Ricky is gone after next year, and I personally don't think Lex Hilliard is anything close to special... or even a solid #2 to be honest... Ronnie and Spiller would do damage in the WC... and I promise you Spiller would get to the edge much faster than Ricky does on those JetSweeps..

Then if you take into account that this years draft seems deep at LB, it makes even more sense. Or maybe trade a 2nd for Boldin, sign a D'Qwell Jackson in FA, and draft a few young LB's in round 3,4etc? We'd have the best offense in the league.

I could only hope we'd be so lucky for Spiller to fall to us.

not to mention a dynamic kick returner..

Back
Top Bottom