The Dolphins Dynasty | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins Dynasty

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
I've read alot on this board and elsewhere of people always belittling the Accomplishments of our teams greatest era........well, in a two year span they were 32-2.

People always try to belittle the schedule of the 72' team, well tell me how many other teams shut out their opponents in the Superbowl?

In fact if you combine Superbowl 7 and 8 our defense allowed 7 frigging points in two Superbowls (The other 7 was Garo's failed attempt at a pass returned for a touchdown, something that certainly should not count against the No-Names)

No other team in history can claim such defensive dominance in Superbowls.:yell:

I think we have the greatest three year record too....combined with the two you mentioned.

I always get a laugh out of people portraying the '72 team as one that was just lucky schedule-strength wise. They never consider the three year dominance and the fact that no matter how weak the schedule was, the play-offs and the Super Bowl would have exposed the team, if it were flawed.

Which it most definately wasn't.

People are just mad because thats the record teams try to break every year.

DA DICK said:
People are just mad because thats the record teams try to break every year.
Agreed. If we were not Fins fans, I am sure we would be ticked also if they always mention the great 72' undefeated season. Glad to be a Dolfan. :D

Back
Top Bottom