The Double Pick approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Double Pick approach

Pat-London

Active Roster
Reaction score
As we have seen over the last 3 drafts from this regime, there has been a trend to 'double dip' with the likes of the OL, WR, CB and DL.

Considering our QB situation
- Penne [done]
- Henne [question marks]
- Thigpen [question marks]

Would there be a benefit of having the double pick trend with the QB position?

Im not overly sure at present of the projected rounds for QB's but, throwing something out there, Pat Devlin in Rd 2 [after sliding down] and Christian Ponder in Rd 5?

It would also be interesting to get opinions on what trade value Henne would have. Just a thought.

And yes, it would mean yet another 2nd Rd pick on a QB.

I'd go Jake Locker in the late second and Ponder in the 4th-5th.

I just think that this current Front Office is NOT willing to draft a QB in the 1st round. Admitting Henne is fish and by extension Henning actually knows what hes doing.

Just think they have the NADS

I'd go Jake Locker in the late second and Ponder in the 4th-5th.

I just think that this current Front Office is NOT willing to draft a QB in the 1st round. Admitting Henne is fish and by extension Henning actually knows what hes doing.

Just think they have the NADS

Jake Locker won't be available for our 1st round pick let alone the late 2nd round. Have you seen some of the teams picking ahead of us and their QB play? CAR will go Luck. Cam Newton could easily go top 5 to BUF, CIN or ARI. Then SF, WSH, MIN and TEN will all be fighting over Mallet. Maybe one of these teams trade with the Eagles for Kolb and maybe some desperate team goes after Vince Young (hopefully not us) but make no mistake about it, these top 4 rookie QBs will fly off the board.

If we want Locker, we gotta trade UP to get him.

Jake Locker won't be available for our 1st round pick let alone the late 2nd round. Have you seen some of the teams picking ahead of us and their QB play? CAR will go Luck. Cam Newton could easily go top 5 to BUF, CIN or ARI. Then SF, WSH, MIN and TEN will all be fighting over Mallet. Maybe one of these teams trade with the Eagles for Kolb and maybe some desperate team goes after Vince Young (hopefully not us) but make no mistake about it, these top 4 rookie QBs will fly off the board.

If we want Locker, we gotta trade UP to get him.
So it looks like Henne next year.

I think it really is starting to look like Henne for us next year. It looks like Luck, Newton, Mallet and Locker will all be gone before we pick and we don't have the ammo to trade up (no 2nd round pick). The likely vet FAs (maybe Palmer and McNabb) aren't locks to be better than what Henne MIGHT be able to do with a better offensive coordinator.

Back
Top Bottom