The Dysfunctional Nature of this Franchise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dysfunctional Nature of this Franchise

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Now that we are all but mathematically eliminated this year, the only thing left to talk about is the future seasons going forward and how to make them less miserable than they have been lately. There are quite obviously a lot of problems with this franchise, but they all stem from the same basic decision making structure that has plagued the organization for just about my whole life: thinking you can continually plug a leaking ship.

There are only two ways to change the culture of a failing NFL franchise: you draft an elite QB, or you hire an elite GM and/or head coach who will make primary football decisions. The Dolphins have ignored both of these options since arguably Bill Parcells, but that was short-lived and had its up and downs. Drafting Tannehill was a start, but he was far from a blue-chip, sure thing type prospect. But I think its speaks volumes that as rocky of a tenure as Parcells had here, he still brought us more success than anything weve had since.

Whether it works or not, the point is you have to keep trying one of those two options until one of them changes things. You cant keep firing a GM and keeping the coach, then firing a coach and keeping the GM. You cant keep expecting mid-tier QB prospects to single-handedly fix a franchise with holes all around them.

It doesnt really look like that elite QB is in the draft this year (I know some people love the Memphis kid, but I dont think hes quite a sure thing). So the only choice is to pick ONE person to make every football decision going forward, not these ridiculous Philibin, Hickey, Aponte, Tannebaum power orgies. Personally I'd like it to be a GM and not a duel coach-GM, but with the right person I may not be opposed. Preferably it will be a guy with some clout, but even if you cant get that, just pick someone....anyone. If he doesnt workout, try again. Just stop plugging this sinking ship, its clearly no longer salvageable.

Nothing changes until Ross dies...deal with it...

They have Tannenbum making the decisions... there is no future.

Ross is a plague upon this franchise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason I can see the team resigning RT is because their wasn't anyone out there worth looking at in free agency and the draft. Remember of you draft a QB it's essentially a 3 to 4 year wait for him to mature.

Ross is a plague upon this franchise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but even a bumbling idiot can stumble upon the right guy once in a blue moon. Thats why I want one person alone in charge of all decisions. Keep Ross away from as much decision making power as possible. Other than renouncing our fanship, we just have to hope he does it, theres nothing else we can do.

There is no power orgy. Tannenbaum makes the decisions. Whether he's the right guy to do it remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom