The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ideal prospect for the Miami Dolphins is Jerry Jeudy, not Tua

Tua has thrown 77 TDs in 580 Attempts. Even if you take half of his TDs away from him because his WRs were completely wide open he would still have 38 TDs. So take 580 attempts divided by 30 attempts per game. Thats roughly 19 games. He'd still average 2 passing TDs per game haha.

Comparison purposes Rosen had 59 TDs on 1170 attempts. 1170/30 attempts equals 39 games. Rosen averaged 1.51 TDs per game.

So in conclusion if you took half of Tua's TD passes away hed still have higher TDs per game using attempts to measure a full game. its not a perfect science but it gives you an example of how ridiculous Tua has been. This is what people are trying to argue against. Amazing.

I couldnt just go by games because Tua hardly ever plays a full 4 quarters. And he came in during his Freshman year in mop up duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't stress over "it" too much. Grier is likely going to provide you Herberthill to serve as backup to Tannehill.

Sleep well.

My Martiniquais wife could pick someone better than Grier could for that job.

15044682_b656701d64_z.jpg

I’ll entertain the idea of Chase Young but not a WR. If Calvin Johnson can’t elevate a franchise I doubt Juedy will. As of now I’m still all aboard the Tua train.

When evaluating Tua, let's not forget that he has 3 WRs projected to go in the first round: Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and - and then there's sophomore Waddle

Yeah, cause no other future NFL QB was ever surrounded by similar talent in the history of college football, right?

People need to stop grasping at straws in trying to find a reason why Tua has been successful. Every top draft pick from a marquee collegiate program is surrounded by a lot of talent. Every. Single. One.

Deshaun Watson is a recent example of a QB that was surrounded by National Championship caliber talent on both sides of the ball while at Clemson. Lots of pundits believe he's among the top QB's in the game today.

Honestly, I’ve seen this take from many many people and I simply just understand why it’s being used as a knock against tua. I don’t.

Because people are grasping at straws. Plain and simple. It's been pointed out by myself and numerous others just how inexact this notion really is.

Suppose for minute that Tua doesn't pan out in the NFL, the fact that he played with such talent while in college still doesn't necessarily factor in as a reason why. But that won't stop naysayers from citing it in support of confirmation bias.

Yeah, cause no other future NFL QB was ever surrounded by similar talent in the history of college football, right?

People need to stop grasping at straws in trying to find a reason why Tua has been successful. Every top draft pick from a marquee collegiate program is surrounded by a lot of talent. Every. Single. One.

Deshaun Watson is a recent example of a QB that was surrounded by National Championship caliber talent on both sides of the ball while at Clemson. Lots of pundits believe he's among the top QB's in the game today.
Please cite specifics of highly touted QBs throwing to 2 first round receivers, let alone 3.

Honestly, I’ve seen this take from many many people and I simply just understand why it’s being used as a knock against tua. I don’t.

Adjuster mindset. It wasn't going away merely because Tannehill departed.

As always, I try to project the situational landscape. Let's say this wonderful scenario actually played out that way. Okay, the Dolphins have Jerry Jeudy.

Now what?

Do we watch him run routes on every snap. Look at that guy go.

Maybe we can reach Bengals level of 4-8 years ago, when they were always admirably hard trying and resourceful during the regular season. Andy Dalton was perfectly fine. Good numbers. Once the Bengals logically ran out of gas then you had the desperate posters here pouncing on Dalton and claiming Tannehill was far superior, that Dalton was merely a product of A.J. Green.

If we prioritize the elite receiver during our massive down year, I guess that's the scenario we cherish for ourselves. That would actually be the high water possibility, in all likelihood. Those Bengals teams had fantastic regular season point differential, far superior to anything the Dolphins have managed in decades.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. It would be kind of amusing to see the same posters who ridiculed the Bengal approach apologizing and adjusting for it here.

I'd like to take a chance on Tua even if he were forced to throw right-handed for 3 years to start his career. In fact, that wouldn't be a tough decision at all. Do I want draft Jerry Jeudy, or a right-handed Tua until 2023?

Sign me up. That second contract might be a ridiculous bargain.

Please cite specifics of highly touted QBs throwing to 2 first round receivers, let alone 3.

Your boy Baker Mayfield had Ceedee Lamb, Marquis Brown, Mark Andrews, Sterling Shepard and Dede Westbrook to throw to at Oklahoma.

Also had Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine in the backfield.

That's without even mentioning the entire NFL offensive line he played behind.

I’ll entertain the idea of Chase Young but not a WR. If Calvin Johnson can’t elevate a franchise I doubt Juedy will. As of now I’m still all aboard the Tua train.

I've been one to endorse Jerry Jeudy as the 2nd of their 3 1st round picks --- so long as Chase Young still isn't on the board. But in no way should they select Jeudy over Tua. Or Chase Young. That wouldn't be a wise decision.

Your boy Baker Mayfield had Ceedee Lamb, Marquis Brown, Mark Andrews, Sterling Shepard and Dede Westbrook to throw to at Oklahoma.

Also had Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine in the backfield.

Didnt work out for Mayfield though. He only broke the rookie TD record last year.

Didnt work out for Mayfield though. He only broke the rookie TD record last year.

Alabama is the only program that recruits talent. Oklahoma, Ohio St., Clemson, Georgia, Oregon, etc. only get the rejects turned down by Weber St.

Luck had the following

Zach Ertz - 2nd round
Coby Fleener - 2nd round
Ty Montgomery - 3rd round
Doug Baldwin - Undrafted.
Shouldnt have been taken first overall. Had too many weapons.

It's simply not legitimate to take the PRESUMED success of Alabama wide receivers and use that as evidence against the PRESUMED success of Tua Tagovailoa.

It's spectral evidence, nothing more.

A lot of folks thought Marcus Nash was going to be a great NFL receiver too. He went in the 1st round in 1998, just like his teammate Peyton Manning. And Peerless Price went in the 2nd round a year later, having also caught passes from Peyton Manning during Peyton's final year 1997.

Nash was a total bust and Peerless Price had a decent career and none of it had any bearing whatsoever on Peyton Manning.

LOL. Do your own research. I'm not gonna do it for you. If you don't recognize that there have been numerous examples of prospective NFL QB's being surrounded by an abundance of talent over the history of the college game, that's on you.

What's next, you gonna tell us that when evaluating Joe Montana as an all-time great QB let's not forget that he was surrounded by multiple HOF'ers? What about Tom Brady? He's played with multiple current and future HOF'ers too. But the masses of historians and fans don't seem to use that diminish their accomplishments or perceived greatness.

So why is it used against a draft prospect? Wouldn't be worse if they didn't perform at a high level surrounded by all that talent???

Back
Top Bottom