The jests just cut NT Isaako Aaitui | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The jests just cut NT Isaako Aaitui

That, I think is against the rules for waiver wire pick ups. I'll try to find it but I thought waiver wire claims have to stay on the roster for 3 weeks.

They probably got all the info they could get from him for the week 2 matchup and let him go.

Wrong forum

Why is this not the right forum? Seeing that he was with Miami throughout training camp and the question is about signing him to the practice squad, I would think that was ok.

On a side note, I love how teams sign players from within the division, get the information they need on the players original team and then let him go. I wonder do players ever give out false info on their former team?

Why is this not the right forum? Seeing that he was with Miami throughout training camp and the question is about signing him to the practice squad, I would think that was ok.

On a side note, I love how teams sign players from within the division, get the information they need on the players original team and then let him go. I wonder do players ever give out false info on their former team?

He isn't a Dolphin any longer. Anything non-Dolphins related should either go into the General NFL section or Beasts of the AFC East.

I don't make the rules.

He's owed 3 weeks salary but doesn't have to stay on the roster. However, they can't sign another player to fill that roster spot until after the 3 weeks have past.

If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53- player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time. If the player is terminated from Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s Practice Squad, he shall continue to count on the club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List but shall not count against the eight-player Practice Squad limit until the three-game requirement has been fulfilled. If a player is terminated prior to the completion of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s Practice Squad or is signed or assigned to another club’s 53-player roster or Practice Squad, any salary (as that term is defined in Article XXIV, Section 1(c)) that he receives from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset against the three weeks salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B.

Thanks for the heads up. I will remember this next time I post about a former Dolphin.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Datruth, did Miami waive him or flat out release him?

Thanks for the heads up. I will remember this next time I post about a former Dolphin.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

It isn't a big deal, especially not for a practice squad-type player :)

He was waived by us. The difference between the term "waived" and "released" is tenure. Any player with 3 years or less accrued in the NFL is "waived" meaning he has to go through the waiver wire order (draft order through the first 2 weeks of the season then it goes by record and strength of schedule). Any player with 4 years or more is "released". They don't go through waivers they become unrestricted free agents and are free to sign with any team.

He isn't a Dolphin any longer. Anything non-Dolphins related should either go into the General NFL section or Beasts of the AFC East.

I don't make the rules.
you don't enforce them either.

Wrong forum
in your opinion. and of all the threads that belong somewhere in a retarded forum, a former player being claimed then cut by a team we play in week 3 is somewhat interesting imo.

It isn't a big deal, especially not for a practice squad-type player :)
or you didn't know the answer.

Lol I remember a bunch of people getting all pissed off saying miami lost out on a good player yet again...shocking dude was already released. No names needed although one of the biggest ppl complaining is posting on this thread.lol

I would love to see one of you say you were wrong, it would nice to see someone take responsibility for things they say on here.

Lol I remember a bunch of people getting all pissed off saying miami lost out on a good player yet again...shocking dude was already released. No names needed although one of the biggest ppl complaining is posting on this thread.lol

I would love to see one of you say you were wrong, it would nice to see someone take responsibility for things they say on here.
I was one of those guys. I think this kid can play. Maybe he doesn't fit the 3-4 NT but he played pretty well as a 4-3 DT.

I was one of those guys. I think this kid can play. Maybe he doesn't fit the 3-4 NT but he played pretty well as a 4-3 DT.

Yep, I was also one of those people and like " datruth55" I think that he can be a very good 4-3 DT for da Phinz however he simply is not a 3-4 NT

He's owed 3 weeks salary but doesn't have to stay on the roster. However, they can't sign another player to fill that roster spot until after the 3 weeks have past.

doesnt apply he was not on our practice squad when signed .

Watch them try to sneak him onto their practice squad. Anyone think we'll sign him to ours
Thanks for the info. I hope we sign him to our practice squad. Looked to me on HK that he wasn't thrilled about being claimed by the jets anyway.

Back
Top Bottom