The Jimmy Wilson Hit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jimmy Wilson Hit

he will mos def make the team on the special team side, not bad for 5-11 185, he hits like a 200 pounder

If Sean Smith could hit like that, he might easily be a top 5 CB in the NFL. But the thought of this kid, Bell, R.Jones and Davis in the back field makes our secondary very scary, kinda like the Ravens of 01.

He hits hard. Can he do it in the NFL and stay healthy? I would hate to see him burn himself out in his first season with injuries. You have to also be smart. I don't know. We'll see. He'll probably get more time on special teams to make hits unless someone gets injured or just stinks it up (Sean Smith, Will Allen, etc.) We'll see.

our very own ronnie lott

no doubt that's asking for a lot . . . . . . . but i'm goin all-in on this dude

lott 6'0 203 -- played cb and both safety spots
jw 5'11 193 - played both - extremely versatile

190 tackles , 8 pix , career high 17t and school record 26 pd

Pro Day: ran 40 twice 4.52 ... 4.49
35 inch vertical . . . 9-11 broad jump
benched 225 19x and ran a 4.29 shuttle

2006 2ndT all-conference CB
2007 preseason all america candidate
2010 Hon. Mention all-conference safety

"an explosive player . . . ferocious hitter and fierce competitor"
John Ireland

"legitimate nfl talent .... hard-hitting defender with skills to cover"
Tim Hauck former UM asst - current DB coach for Tenn Titans

"reminds me of patrick chung"
Robin Pflugrad new UM Coach (formerly of Oregon)

-

"can play both corner spots , good in coverage and physical"

"intimidating hard hitting CB that strikes fear in WRs"

"i love the way he plays . . . . hope he's matured"

"best UM CB ever ....... he will be a force"

"stand out CB . . . . flat out stud"

"he KICKED *** for the Grizz . . . case closed"

"tremendous hitter should be stronger after 2 straight years of lifting"

UM fans

hopefully, growing up in so cal like ronnie isn't the only thing they have in common
(Lott's alma mater Eisenhower HS in Rialto is about an hour ride from Wilson's Point Loma HS in San Diego)

obviously wilson carried a backpack full of immaturity and bad judgments prior to his twice being tried for murder, but if a couple of years in LA County Jail didn't wake him up , nothing will . . . . i did two weeks at the Twin Towers on some traffic infractions, was holed up with the moderate risks and feared for my life everyday, so i can imagine his time with the higher risks where the smallest of slights ended in violence . . . . . .

"i had to fight just to be left alone . . . . . everyday somebody was getting cut or beat up"
jimmy wilson

upon ncaa reinstatement

"i wanna thank God for the opportunity to further my education, i'm excited for the chance to compete again in the classroom and on the field. It's an indescribable blessing"
jimmy wilson

"he was an absolute star again . . . he's a few credits short of receiving his degree and his last semester was his best academic semester ever"
Jim O'Day UM AD

"he makes no apologies for being a playboy, ladies man and showman driving around town in a 2005 teal cadillac cts with 22-inch rims and black tinted windows"
Missoula reporter

"i'm not taking anything for granted . . . this means the world to me . . . i've wanted to play in the nfl since i was a child . . . the opportunity is here and i want to take full advantage . . . . i feel like i'm one of the top players in college football . . . . i will be the hardest worker"
jimmy wilson

Love my Griz players!!! C'mon NFL end this lock out so i can see him blow someone up!

Love my Griz players!!! C'mon NFL end this lock out so i can see him blow someone up!

that picture of wilson in your post must be the "ferocious hit" griz fans were talking
about when he knocked the QBs helmet off in like his 2nd or 3rd game back

Perhaps we've found ourselves a gunner on ST?

Well ... he was a successful gunner in LA ... so maybe.

Henne better straighten up ... they never found the gun!!

Back
Top Bottom