The Main Problem With This Defense... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Main Problem With This Defense...

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is they are one of the worst tackling teams in the NFL. I'm really surprised nobody talks about it, but watching them arm tackle, or just flat our whiff all game every game makes me sick. Part of this I believe is due to poor coaching, and another part due to lazy players which would also fall on the coaches to some degree. There are a lot of vet players on this D too and I find it hard to believe they can be so bad at tackling if they were giving it 100%.

The main problem with this defense is that it doesn't go after the football

Same as last year. Same as the year before that. Same as the year before that. Same as the year before that. Same as the year before that ... Almost as boring for me to repeat this year after year as it is to watch it year after year

This year's turnover total so far is 12 which gives us a familiar ranking of 28th in the NFL. Still this is a good defense right because that's what everyone says

they dont create turnovers.. even the pats that do allow a lot of yards get turnovers.. we needs playmakers period.. ffs starks has more picks than most of our secondary lol

problems, where do we start.
We have DEs and LBS that over pursue on EVERY play which takes them out of the play. Do you find yourself pushing needles into your eyes every time a team runs a screen on us. Why? Because our DEs don't play the ball.

We have NO ONE that looks to make a big hit. NO ONE. I want someone to get fined for taking someone out of the game. I dont want career ending hits, just hits that make it to the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]commissioner's [/FONT]desk. We have little scat backs running over our LBs. Why hasnt anyone on our team broken danny woodhead in half? because they dont care to. if ray lewis played the pats twice a year, danny would be out of the nfl...

we have CBs that give people room...enough room to catch 1st downs in front of them. And then they dont HIT THE PERSON with the ball...

No leadership whatsover on the D. No Patrick Willis, no Ray Lewis, No Polamalu, there's nobody on this team close to those leadership characteristic qualities.. Karlos Dansby is a joker, a punk, says the stupidest things in the media (last year when miami was 0-6 he said the team doesn't need a franchise QB, coupled with stupid jokes thinking he's funny, and constantly says such mistruths - who can believe in such a moron ??) ... no one takes him seriously. Cam Wake = very nice player but a leader he is not.

They desperately need a real leader on defense. And I've been saying this for years.

I like to be specific

Kevin Burnett
Sean Smith
Chris Clemmons
That other guy playing corner

Back
Top Bottom