The media is a bunch of A-holes.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The media is a bunch of A-holes....

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This is something that everyone knos already but the media is REALLY pissing me off now. I keep reading all these reporters saying that they "Always knew Ricky would do sumthin like this and was bound to do something crazy" blah, blah, blah, blah. There are a few that even try to say that Miami was crazy for trading for williams because he was so weird. Yeah right people, NO ONE saw this coming. NO ONE. and then there is Randy Mueller sitting there acting all high and mighty cuz he was the one that traded Ricky away to the fins. Yeah right buddy, you didn't kno crap. The season after you traded Ricky away, u were probably crapping ur pants cuz he was so dominant. Don't come off on a power trip now. How can anyone fault the dolphins for making the move they did 2 years ago. It was a great move for us. Granted we didn't make the playoffs afterwards, but Ricky filled a mjor hole for us. So in closing these reporters who are sitting here after the fact, claiming that they knew sumthin like this was about to happen and Miami is stupid for trading for Williams, well they are a bunch of lying, hypocritical A@@holes.

I agree, I was just wathcing PTI (not that I usually do), but they were asking if the Dolphins were done. All but one person they were. The one that said they weren't cited they still have a great defense and guys that people don't know about such as Mcmicaheal and Chambers. As soon as he said that the host was completely lost and muted him. I think people are forgetting they we had more than just a RB.

This is nothing new. The MEDIA force feeds most ppl what they think, and most of it is incorrect. Welcome to America.

Oliver...

Well at least Marvez is candid here's a snipet of his insider report

Q: Having covered Ricky Williams the past two seasons, can you explain why every member of the media describes him as "flaky?"

A: Actually, "jerk" was more like it. Williams was standoffish with people simply trying to do their jobs and report his insight on the team to Dolphins fans. He never allowed the people that cover the team, outside good friend Dan LeBatard, to get to know him. Williams would frequently stand up the media on days he was scheduled to talk. Williams never said thank you to reporters for covering any charity events that he promoted. In my nine previous seasons as an NFL beat writer, only Cincinnati wide receiver Carl Pickens was a bigger pain to cover.

It is irritating to hear that people say they expected Ricky to do something like this. Come on. Ricky didn't even know he was going to do this until he talked to DW. I know his agent tried to talk him out of it by playing devils advocate, but Ricky doesn't care. He wants people to think of him has more than a football player. He wanted people to talk to him about photography and travel. Hey Rick, if you weren't a football player, no one would care what you did. Ricky, you were the Dolphins offense. Unfortunately, instead of taking advantage of your enormous talents, you were abused and misused. All of us saw that but instead of quitting you should of talk to DW or the OC about limiting your role. Not running away. Many people identify themselves with a team, people with class, Dolphins, people w/o class, Raiders. Your move Ricky was classless. A huge talent wasted on such a small heart.

AzDolfan543413 said:
I agree, I was just wathcing PTI (not that I usually do), but they were asking if the Dolphins were done. All but one person they were. The one that said they weren't cited they still have a great defense and guys that people don't know about such as Mcmicaheal and Chambers. As soon as he said that the host was completely lost and muted him. I think people are forgetting they we had more than just a RB.
Lol, you were watching Around The Horn, not PTI;) . Anyways i saw tht too, and the thing i hate most about tht show is the host Tony Reali uses his ability to mute people too much. He say Randy mcMhiceal and gets muted! How is tht not a legitamte argment for a talented guy still on the team.

Btw, i been thinkin the same thing. Everyone i mean EVERYONE as talkin about what a deal Miami got. Did anyone ever see an article titled something like the following.."Miami's Mistake": Ricky Williams might of gotten 1800 yards, but this trade will come back to haunt them when Ricky does something crazy....NO!

Back
Top Bottom