The Miami Dolphins are planning to have more contact with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins are planning to have more contact with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
▪ It’s highly questionable if Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will even be available when the Dolphins select 11th in April’s NFL Draft.
But the Dolphins are taking steps to get to know him very well so they can make an educated decision if he’s surprisingly on the board when they pick.
Beyond spending alone time with Mayfield at last month’s Senior Bowl, the Dolphins have made plans to have dinner with him the night before they — and other teams — evaluate him at Oklahoma’s Pro Day on March 14.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article200965649.html

All the pre draft talk means nothing when the draft actually begins. Weird things have been known to happen. Nobody knows how the ever fickle draft will fall. I'm holding out hope that we snag one of the big name QBs, whoever Gase likes best. If it's Mayfield and we get him I'll be very excited. If the QBs are gone I still love what Nelson does for our offense. Remember when the Cowboys drafted Zach Martin?? Nelson is very close and from the same Notre Dame team. You have Tunsil and Nelson on the left side growing together into Pro Bowl players. We would never regret drafting Nelson, he's going to help some team in a hurry. If we lose out on Nelson and the QBs it might mean that one of the blue chip defensive stars like Fitz or Derwin could fall. There's no telling what will happen. That's what makes it exciting.

Apparently the Jets plan on pursuing Cousins very aggressively. Mayfield has been mocked to them on several sites.
Signing Cousins would likely require a high draft pick and would likely divert their top pick to another position player.

I wonder if we are trying to tease a QB hungry team behind us into trading up to make sure they get one of the top 4-5 QBs in this draft? I'm guessing we are just performing our due diligence in evaluating the QBs who might be available at 11.

Apparently the Jets plan on pursuing Cousins very aggressively. Mayfield has been mocked to them on several sites.
Signing Cousins would likely require a high draft pick and would likely divert their top pick to another position player.

Gotta think Denver makes a move on a QB too, but who?

Sounds like the Dolphins are trying hard to trade down.

Due diligence for the most part, but I wouldn't doubt that Miami could have significant interest.

If the Dolphins want Mayfield, I think they'd have to trade up. If he's an upgrade over Tannehill, it would make a lot of sense. Cleveland's #4 overall pick is one that I think will be traded.

I would like to think that maybe this is just a smokescreen to get some team to trade up and nab him. At least I hope this is what they are doing.

Gotta think Denver makes a move on a QB too, but who?

The Denver Post articles that I read pretty regularly seem to indicate that Josh Rosen of UCLA, or Allen of Wyoming would be Elway’s first choice at QB, if they draft a QB. Signing Cousins would likely be too expensive. The Broncos would have a tough time signing Aqib Talib and also going after Cousins. I think the Broncos could be looking at Case Keenum in free agency. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos do at QB, as well as the Jets.

The Denver Post articles that I read pretty regularly seem to indicate that Josh Rosen of UCLA, or Allen of Wyoming would be Elway’s first choice at QB, if they draft a QB. Signing Cousins would likely be too expensive. The Broncos would have a tough time signing Aqib Talib and also going after Cousins. I think the Broncos could be looking at Case Keenum in free agency. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos do at QB, as well as the Jets.

You'd figure they'd have a good read on Allen, being that he's basically right in their backyard in Laramie. The more I think about it, the more I think Cousins goes to the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom