***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it wasn't just me but Reggie Miller was probablly more annoying in the booth then he was on the court. I mean talk about being up the Pacers butt. I just dont understand why TNT would put a guy in the booth to commentate a game for a team he has played 18 years for and just retired. Commentaters are supposed to be unbiased and he was completly riding the Pacers all night. "The best team in the league" Pffft He would barely mention anything good about the Heat but yet one of the Pacers could bend down to tie his shoe and he would say something like " See how jermain ties his shoes, I taught him that. He has been working all offseason on that. IF he can keep that up this team could win it all. " :lol: He was totally ridiculous all night. Whatever, we still almost won and the season is still a baby, GO HEAT!

Caps said:
I watched the tape of Shaq's injury a couple times and it looked like a classic rolled ankle to me. I suffered a similar injury a couple weeks ago and was as good as new in 2-3 days. Obviously Shaq will take longer to heal than me, being older and bigger, but I don't think it is an injury that any of us should lose sleep over.
i hope so

dob72 said:
i hope so

He will be fine. Rolled ankles hurt like crazy but it wont keep him out all season. I just want him to totally get ok. Wade and the boyz can hold it down till he gets back.

on the miller thing, i wouldn't jump all over him he did play for them for what 18 years?? not only that but he just retired at the end of last season and knows most of the guys on that team. its just like when pros brag about there college football team doing good. on to the game, i thought the pacers had it won about half way through the third and the heat had a nice comeback...i wouldn't say they played perfect. the east is going to be fun to watch this year...with shaq and wade, the pistons and the pacers who might be the deepest team in the nba.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I hate Shaq and I am happy he is injured. I don't want anything bad to happen to Shaq the person but I do to Shaq the basketball player. I never liked his fat *** but with that said there's only one way to beat him...when's he's on the shelf. I don't know why you Heat fans are getting so sensative about what I said anyways. It wasn't like Shaq wasn't going to miss 20 games or so this season. The only difference is, now he's going to miss time in the beginning. It's usually in the middle or the end!

What do you expect from a guy that advocated a presidential assasination.

This guy is way overdue for a permanent banning.

He is either too immature or he is trying to be outrageous and contraversial.

BTW....don't you love how these people call Shaq "Fat"? He is far from fat....see him in person and you will know what I mean.

PeaTearGriffin said:
on the miller thing, i wouldn't jump all over him he did play for them for what 18 years?? not only that but he just retired at the end of last season and knows most of the guys on that team. its just like when pros brag about there college football team doing good. on to the game, i thought the pacers had it won about half way through the third and the heat had a nice comeback...i wouldn't say they played perfect. the east is going to be fun to watch this year...with shaq and wade, the pistons and the pacers who might be the deepest team in the nba.

I dont blame Miller. I blame TNT. I expect him to do that, but I dont see why TNT couldn't forsee it. Commentaters are never supposed to be outwardly biased. And its obvious even to the most insane person that Miller commentating a pacer game whould be totally biased. Sometimes it was more then just he knows more about them. Its was comments like "They are best team in the league." Whatever the reasoning, its still biased.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
You sound like a baby Tate. So what I wish a sprained ankle or two for Shaq. Boo hoo!

Its actually babyish to wish an injury or want someone to get hurt that you don't like.

Entertaining game tonight.. I think Payton is going to quiet alot of critics AGAIN this year, that he's shot as a player.

He played very well for us last year, and I expect no less from him again this year. It was also damn good to see 'Toine again. I'm gonna miss him but he deserves to be on a contender.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I hate Shaq and I am happy he is injured. I don't want anything bad to happen to Shaq the person but I do to Shaq the basketball player. I never liked his fat *** but with that said there's only one way to beat him...when's he's on the shelf. I don't know why you Heat fans are getting so sensative about what I said anyways. It wasn't like Shaq wasn't going to miss 20 games or so this season. The only difference is, now he's going to miss time in the beginning. It's usually in the middle or the end!

I still don't understand laughing like an immature pre-teen about a guy getting hurt. Especially the way he got hurt and how you talk about him. The injury had nothing to do with what kind of shape he's in (which is very good). He landed on Artest's foot and gravity caused his ankle to roll. I

It's one thing to be relieved a guy isn't playing. But it's another to wish injury on a guy. That's just childish bro.

I wasn't really convnced about Indiana being as good as everyone was saying but if they continue to own the heat I guess they have to be taken seriously. Miami should get the top seed(unless Shaq is out more than 20 games- not for this injury but any injury) and Det/Ind winner will have the 2 seed w/ NJ getting the 3 although they looked bad the other night.

I didn't really mind Reggie Miller as a commentator because he brought a lot of insight to the table. And he's always been one of my favorite players.

What I didn't care for was Reggie Miller calling THIS game. Five months ago he was celebrated as the greatest Pacer ever. And he has always been an antagonistic player. Now he's calling a rivalry game (well not really, but it could get there I think).

nyjunc said:
I wasn't really convnced about Indiana being as good as everyone was saying but if they continue to own the heat I guess they have to be taken seriously. Miami should get the top seed(unless Shaq is out more than 20 games- not for this injury but any injury) and Det/Ind winner will have the 2 seed w/ NJ getting the 3 although they looked bad the other night.

That is about right.....as for Indiana owning the Heat....it is a little frustrating that indiana has managed to win 4 out of the last five all by hitting a last second shot to force overtime and then winning it in overtime.....and of course....last night....we play horrible....they go into choke mode....and we fall a in and out shot away from overtime.....

I really don't like what i saw from Indiana.....like I said earlier....Detroit would have murdered us last night....

This team desperately needs Posey and Anderson back to give it defensive balance.

Another thing I noticed....why was Toine so unselfish? He kept passing up open shots to get the ball to Wade......it must have come from Van Gundy because I have never seen Toine pass up that many open shots.

Section126 said:
Another thing I noticed....why was Toine so unselfish? He kept passing up open shots to get the ball to Wade......it must have come from Van Gundy because I have never seen Toine pass up that many open shots.

The more shots Toine defers to Wade, the better off y'all will be. Chances are, Toine was told right upfront "we've given you a fat new contract you didn't really deserve and that we'll surely regret in two years. So, you can stop chucking up bad shots now, okay?"

When he wants to be, Toine is a good passer, so IF they can keep him on the same page as the Dynamic Duo, and IF they can give him enough playing time to keep him happy without killing the defense (since when he's in, Posey's probably out) and IF they can keep a leash on his tendency to jack up ill-advised threes, Walker will be a huge help. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, even if the very early results are promising.

Muck said:
I didn't really mind Reggie Miller as a commentator because he brought a lot of insight to the table. And he's always been one of my favorite players.

What I didn't care for was Reggie Miller calling THIS game. Five months ago he was celebrated as the greatest Pacer ever. And he has always been an antagonistic player. Now he's calling a rivalry game (well not really, but it could get there I think).

Thats what Im saying. I dont mind him as a commentator but i DO mind him for this game. It was just stupid to think he would be unbiased with the Pacers.

ether79 said:
I think it is to early in the season to write off the Pacers as second fiddle. YOu are definitely over exaggerating on the illegal screen statement. The Pacers will own the Pistons. You right about Miller that was pretty bad, but what do you expect he has been playing with those guys and knows them on a very personal basis. Notice he called the rookie Danny Granger buy his last name evrytime. You guys did play bad, but the Pacers did play great ball either. The began by trying to front Shaq, set some stupid picks, made a couple of unforced turnovers and took many stupid shots. Yet until that final 5-6 minutes the pacers had that game in hand. It weird that you guys finally started playing better ball when Shaq went down( bad break by the way).

:sleep:
Same old song and dance, every year. Hell, at least the Heat took the Pistons to a 7th game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom