The NEW 2018 Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NEW 2018 Miami Dolphins

I know fans are frustrated, but T-Baum isn't going anywhere. In all honestly, I think he gets too much blame here. Grier is the GM. While T-Baum probably still has a say in player personnel, that's not his title or his area of responsibility.

I still think with an average offensive line (couple of solid starters added) and Tannehill coming back that Miami can be a contender in 2018.

The team has to draft well and look to build the trenches. For as much talk about the talent on the Dolphins defensive line, this unit needs another standout player. Maybe the team will pick high enough to be able to capitalize there.

Speed at linebacker is another big weakness and I do agree that X Howard hasn't played well. That said, I'd stay away from Sherman. I think he'll be too expensive in terms of draft picks. The 49ers let Bowman go because he isn't the player he used to be. Spend FA money on a proven, solid offensive lineman and go from there.

Everyone seems to agree on team needs with the exception of QB. For me, I'm always against getting the 'elite' FA, but that's personal preference and I can't defend it. Wish there was a way to flag threads as either VENTING ('blow it up and start over') and REALITY (Ross, Tbaum, Greir, Tannehill stay'). I'm as frustrated as almost all here, but sometimes it's hard to read Miami needs 22 new starters.

Everyone seems to agree on team needs with the exception of QB. For me, I'm always against getting the 'elite' FA, but that's personal preference and I can't defend it. Wish there was a way to flag threads as either VENTING ('blow it up and start over') and REALITY (Ross, Tbaum, Greir, Tannehill stay'). I'm as frustrated as almost all here, but sometimes it's hard to read Miami needs 22 new starters.

I agree. On a positive note, the defense had a stretch of games where they were playing really well, especially against the run. There are needs on that side of the ball, but I really believe the big issue is the offensive line.

Miami needs to build it right and not take short cuts. There are keepers on the team and young players who could get better.

The bigger question may be how far away the team is and that's a hard one to answer simply because other teams are making moves as well.

I agree. On a positive note, the defense had a stretch of games where they were playing really well, especially against the run. There are needs on that side of the ball, but I really believe the big issue is the offensive line.

Miami needs to build it right and not take short cuts. There are keepers on the team and young players who could get better.

The bigger question may be how far away the team is and that's a hard one to answer simply because other teams are making moves as well.

'How far away' needs to be realistic. Step one is 'how far away from a consistent playoff team.' Until Miami gets that far, no need to obsess over a SB win. IMHO, 3 above average interior OLmen, a legitimate TE, and a cover LB would do the trick. Other holes? Yup. But that gets the Fins to step 1.

'How far away' needs to be realistic. Step one is 'how far away from a consistent playoff team.' Until Miami gets that far, no need to obsess over a SB win. IMHO, 3 above average interior OLmen, a legitimate TE, and a cover LB would do the trick. Other holes? Yup. But that gets the Fins to step 1.

I really want a cover linebacker, a complete linebacker. That might be my R1 choice at this point and then go heavy on offensive line.

Not sure Timmons will be here next year and McMillan, I think, is more of the old school thumper with just enough athletic ability to be a three down player. Alonso hasn't looked good recently, but overall I like the player.

Tannenbum is the malignancy growing from within that needs to be excised along with his convenient idiot lackey who Peter Principle'd out several years ago as a mediocre college talent evaluator. Any moves short of those amounts to slapping a bandaid over a festering terminal growth.

I know I sound like a broken record but taking a failed GM no one else in the league wanted to touch leaving his franchise in such a personnel and cap space shambles that it took 2 subsequent GMs to try do dig out from, who if it were up to him would have stayed in Jersey as a demoted capologist and incredibly de facto promoting him into football czar is as preposterous as hiring Rich Kotite and making him your franchise's GM!

Last edited:
2m3mffc.jpg

It's simple Fire T-Bum and you will see this franchise take a giant leap forward. Jet's fans laugh because we have him in our front office. It's the writing on the wall.

2018 should be Ryan Tannehill's year. He is red-shirting this season. With Gase being the QB whisperer that he is, Tannehill will break out. He is very intelligent, if he can take this all in and turn it into insticts on the field. We will see this team go deep into the playoffs. If Gase doesn't see it then I can see T-Bum trade him to the Browns for their second 1st round pick. If Brees hits the market, sign him and draft Mayfield.

We must give Isaac Asista a look and see if we have anything special. Give Carroo a shot. If he performs well. We trade Parker. Anthony at LB, scares me.

-We must resign Landry. He is a necessity. Re-sign Hayes, Denney, and Fasono.
-Cut Pouncey
-Cut J. Thomas, then resign him at a cheaper price. Tannehill in 2018 will use him. We just have Jay Cutler back there who is a cancer to this team and can' find anyone open.
- J. James is nothing special. Would he be better suited at RG?
- For our RB's we need someone who can be a starter. A bruiser. We had one in Jay Ajayi, but he's gone.

Defense
-Wake is loosing his step, he is old. We cut him then resign him at a much cheaper price.
-Andre Branch is the worst contract in the NFL. We can't cut him. Possibly trade him for a
7th.
-Kiko is playing like Phillip Wheeler. Can't really do anything for him. Possibly trade him for a 7th.
-Suh is getting paid way too much. I can see the front office do something with him. He doesn't seem like the leader you want to pay millions to and he seems.
- Trade L. Timmons. Went AWOL on the team. Enough Said. Plus we have McMillian coming back in 2018.

Free Agency 2018:
Sign Navarro Bowman MLB
Acquire R. Sherman. He is still a lockdown corner. Howard is nothing special this point in his career.

2018 NFL Draft.
We just need to loose out.
Minkah Fitzpatrick? Bradley Chubb? Quenton Nelson? Shaquon Barkely?
Billy Price OG Ohio State. 2nd round.

I would re-build and retool the defense because defense always wins championships.

Front Office:
-They should all be fired, but that is my humble opinion. Bring in Peyton Manning. He would keep Gase, and give him what he needs to be successful. Players like Manning and would want to play for him.

Coaches:
-Re-place Matt Burke. His scheme is easy to read and our defense sucks. It's simple. Ge one of the defensive minded head coaches that will be fired this offseason.
-Our coaches this upcoming offseason need to teach our players about penalties. It's very sad to keep watching our team make idiotic penalties.
Develop our draft picks to become starters in the NFL.

Leadership:
Ryan Tannehill should go to the local community college and take a course to learn how to be a leader. He seems very ****y and when the camera is on him he seems to always be picking his nose.

I stopped reading when you suggested moving James to G. Ja'Wuan James is their best Offensive Lineman right now.

DON'T
GO
TO
THE
HOME
GAMES!!!

Send the message and let the visual image be seen (heard) loud and clear!!

Back
Top Bottom