"the new england patriots, jets and buffalo bills just.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"the new england patriots, jets and buffalo bills just....

All I know is that we won the division last year because of the wildcat. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or delusional. And today, we added a piece that will make the wildcat that much more dangerous, at least until he develops into an Antwaan Randle El-type receiver/return man.

Oh, and every single analyst (minus Kiper who is a notorious Dolphins hater... Can he go one segment without bringing up passing on Matt Ryan?) loves the pick. So chillax. We had an excellent first day.

The biggest problem I have with the white pick is he could have been had later. He was a reach at 44. Taking him that high means our staff must see him as a quality wr. It seems like a difficult projection considering he's never played there.

The biggest problem I have with the white pick is he could have been had later. He was a reach at 44. Taking him that high means our staff must see him as a quality wr. It seems like a difficult projection considering he's never played there.

Did anyone ever think that we picked him there because he is going to be expected to do so much more than carry a clipboard or say hi to Ginn's family?

They expect him to be a playmaker and picked him as such therefore, the guy has to prove himself with the obvious talent that he has. The wildcat just got wilder.

On the bright side, he will def. bring another dimension to the wildcat....on the down side he may only get 6 or 7 plays a game....but on the upside at least you know he will be good at that, anything else is just a bonus.

To add this, 6 game changing plays was all we needed from the wildcat in our victory over NE. White might not have a lot of field time, but when he is on the field you know something is bound to happen. He's a game changer, an X factor. That intangible that defenses will have to practice that much harder to stop our offense. He doesn't need to put up gaudy stats. His presence alone will strike fear into defenses. We don't need a HOF career out of White. He's just a cog in the bigger scheme. Some of you need to be Dolphin fans and support our staff. Too many doubters.

How can you make these assumptions?

Did anyone ever think that we picked him there because he is going to be expected to do so much more than carry a clipboard or say hi to Ginn's family?

They expect him to be a playmaker and picked him as such therefore, the guy has to prove himself with the obvious talent that he has. The wildcat just got wilder.

Jesus, thank you

And im tired of seeing everyone say "We could have got him later"

Obviously not, you didn't see this regime reach for Sean Smith and he was LOVED on this board. There were plenty of mocks that had him in the first or at our first 2nd round pick, don't you think they would have taken him at 25 or 2A if they really felt they needed to? We know they liked Sean Smith, but they knew his value and where they wanted to take him.

They needed to take White there. Why? For fear he may be taken before they got another shot at him. There is a reason Pat White was taken at 2A, they wanted him... a lot. And that's good enough for me.

You can hate taking him at 2A all you want, but they liked him and wanted him enough to use that pick on him. You have no idea what they intend for him on this team. You don't know how he is going to be used. You don't know how he is going to perform. So dislike the pick before you hate it, because you don't even know what this pick is going to bring to this team yet.

Its amazing that Pat white is so unique that he will excel in playing qb like right away, suprised he was not the top pick in the draft. A running qb that has never been used before, I think the other teams should just forfeit because there is no way they can stop the might PaT White

Well Pat White may bring a few wrinkles to our offense...but I know something else for sure, Pat White brings a whole ton of new wrinkles to finheaven :)

Jesus, thank you

And im tired of seeing everyone say "We could have got him later"

Obviously not, you didn't see this regime reach for Sean Smith and he was LOVED on this board. There were plenty of mocks that had him in the first or at our first 2nd round pick, don't you think they would have taken him at 25 or 2A if they really felt they needed to? We know they liked Sean Smith, but they knew his value and where they wanted to take him.

They needed to take White there. Why? For fear he may be taken before they got another shot at him. There is a reason Pat White was taken at 2A, they wanted him... a lot. And that's good enough for me.

You can hate taking him at 2A all you want, but they liked him and wanted him enough to use that pick on him. You have no idea what they intend for him on this team. You don't know how he is going to be used. You don't know how he is going to perform. So dislike the pick before you hate it, because you don't even know what this pick is going to bring to this team yet.

Good post.

With regards to this, what I find funny that i was thinking about was if we had taken Sean Smith at 44, and White at 61...people here would love our draft A LOT more because the "reach" for Pat White wouldn't have been as bad...

We got 3 great players today. Very happy with this draft and I can't say the same for our draft in 06/07.

Back
Top Bottom