The NFL wants your money not your loyalty or patronage

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by DKphin, Jan 29, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

If you wanted to destroy a sport, The NFL is doing a pretty good job. Goddell has to be the worst commissioner in the history of sports.

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/01/29/nfl-wants-money-not-loyalty-patronage/

2. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

The NFL has always only wanted your money or do you think you pay 35 dollars for parking just because they care about you.
    You either like it or you don't. I can understand though why they would not take a commercial attacking players for not standing or at least implying they are doing something wrong or even demeaning why they are not standing. I personally wish they would drop the anthem period but that will not happen since people think that for some reason it belongs in the game now. Fake patriotism does not make me a better citizen. Also some fans found it disrespectful far from all and the NFL like many that attack it are just as big a hypocrites because they still blackballed Kapernick on the basis of this stance

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin It's 5 o'clock somewhere Moderator Finheaven VIP

Is there any business that doesn't want your money?

NBP81 likes this.
  4. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

They're not in it for charity.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Disdain for the fanbase? What's he talking about? That article or whatever is all over the place.

NFL teams are private, for-profit businesses, of course they want our money. Unfortunately, they aren't providing a product people want to buy the moment, for several of the reasons he attempted to outline.

6. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

People are sick of seeing the Patriots and the awful refereeing that always seem to be slanted toward them, I have never seen a team get more calls going their way in my life. The pro bowl should be discontinued, no one gives a ****. As far as kneeling goes, keep the players inside while the Anthem is being played.....problem solved. Let football be football, it's called a contact sport for a reason these penalties are getting ridiculous. Pricing needs to be looked at as well, tickets, parking, and food at the stadium should always be kept reasonable to encourage fans to come out.