The Obligatory Post-R.W. Suspension RB Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Obligatory Post-R.W. Suspension RB Thread

Crowder52

Inside LB
Reaction score
AM 790 has reported that Ricky Williams lost his appeal and is indeed suspended for the upcoming season. Who are some backs you guys like who we could look at in rounds 4, 6, or 7? I'll start off with Leon Washington, FSU and PJ Daniels, Georgia Tech. I really like Washington but he could be gone by the 4th round.

We're not taking a RB before the 7th round unless we trade down from #16 for extra picks.

The biggest name RB to be had on the second day (or possibly even as a rookie free agent) is probably Gerald Riggs, Jr.

I remember Riggs from Tenn. He was pre-season All-SEC, had a down year with injuries I think? Anyways, the whole team had a down year. He could turn out to be a solid NFL back, I liked him a lot in college. (Or didn't like him, but respected him).

DolphinDevil28 said:
Why is everyone forgetting about Sammy Morris?

I'm not at all. Morris is more than fine as Ronnie's backup.

I do think that somebody will get added on the second day or as a rookie FA to push Kay Jay Harris (who we have to figure just got promoted to the roster).

You're right, and I'm not going to overreact and say that fidning a new backup RB is really important with Morris in the equation. But that's why I said 4th, 6th, or a 7th rounder. I'd like to bring in another back with Ricky now gone.

Maurice Drew, in the 3rd round out of UCLA.....also trade down our 1st and take Mangold late 1st and then Ko Simpson, S, in the 2nd.

I believe if the Dolphins can trade down, maybe with Pittsburgh and pick up additional picks. I don't know if we could get the Steelers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but if we were able to get additional picks I believe Joseph Addai would be a solid pick in the 2nd round. But I don't know what the Dolphins are going to do now.

Back
Top Bottom