The off season thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The off season thread

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the regular season half way over, the only thing to look forward to is a high draft pick. Right now I would say that we will get the 2nd pick in the draft. If we are able to get that, I think there is great chance we could get Brady Quinn. Now I know that quarterback is not the main issue that is wrong with this team, but we need to look for the future. In the past 5 or 6 years, this team has been screwed over because we did not draft a franchise quarterback.
Brady Quinn would be the obvious choice if we had the opportunity to get him. If you look at all the top teams in the league, they have a dependable quarterback. Joey Harrington is a decent quarterback but I am not sure we could rely on him in the future.

Next I think it would be necessary to finally start rebuilding the defense and offensive line. Our defense against Green Bay was atrocious. Brett Favre walked all over this defense. He was able to complete passes pretty easily. Saban needs to find players this offseason that can play. I am sick and tired of him picking up players who suck on other teams. He needs to get guys who could make immediate impacts. I think next year we have a good shot. That is a tough statement to make considering the dolphins record this season, but the dolphins still have a solid core of players. If the dolphins are able to build around them, we could be a dangerous team next year.

Depending on where we are, we either trade down so someone can get Quinn, or we take GT's Johnson. Booker is probably gone because of his salary and Johnson is a straight up playmaker. He would be the #1 receiver and relieve a lot of pressure off Chambers.

We need a lot more than a QB...we need help pretty much everywhere, but clearly the QB's we have not are nothing to get excited about.

Brady Quinn is the most overrated college football player. the best quarterback in college is far and away troy smith, but quarterback is the last need on this team. weve yet to see what daunte can do when healthy. id be really happy with calvin johnson, but at the same time oline and secondary are 2 biggest needs

I don't even think we should be looking for a QB in next years draft. I think Joey Harrington is suitable for "rebuilding mode." We need to fix the secondary, and the O-line first and foremost. Then we need to find a quality WR via draft or FA to replace CC who will hopefully be out the door. We need to add depth to the D-line (obviously we need to get younger here) these guys play a solid 3 quarters then die out in the
4th. Age is becoming a factor across the DLine. Really will all these problems that need attention, its senseless to look for a franchise QB. I say we wait til' 08' before we even think of drafting a QB.

Something with these Dolfans around that seem to think problems start and end with QB. That's not the case. Jay Fiedler may be our worst QB ever next to Ray Lucas and he had several winning seasons here in Miami. It was because our team was good, and fresh then. It was because we had a monster secondary and LB core to back him up. It's not all about the QB.

laxcoach said:
Depending on where we are, we either trade down so someone can get Quinn, or we take GT's Johnson. Booker is probably gone because of his salary and Johnson is a straight up playmaker. He would be the #1 receiver and relieve a lot of pressure off Chambers.

If we end up behind OAK and ARI at #3 then we end up with Calvin Johnson anyway because OAK will select Brady Quinn and ARI will select Joe Thomas respectively.

im not goin to bicker about the quality of college players cause i know there are many who know a lot more than me about that, but i am going to say that there is just somethin up with this team. ive been a fan for a long time and will always be, but theyve always found a way to disappoint. Even the guys on the D that we all love have been inconsistent when we need big plays. On this team i dont know if its a question of chemistry, or heart or what but the only thing that has been consistent over the yrs has been the inconsistency. So i would trade EVERY big name that we could get a reasonable draft pick or a proven consistent FA for (except ronnie-he has heart- and welker-his heart is obvious) and start this thing over. i know this is drastic and dont say it lightly, but there is simply the smell of death hanging over this team, and the time for drastic measures has come.

IF we land a top three pick, I think it's obvious that our clear choice is Calvin Johnson. Chambers is great yet inconsistent. Hagan and Welker are up and coming, but none of them are threats. Johnson will be a bonefide #1 and him and Chambers will complement eachother. I'm sorry, but you don't pass on a Randy Moss (football player) for a Jonathan Ogden. Playmakers at skill positions win your games. You can get guys to block for you later in the draft or through FA.

I would focus our other draft pics on Offensive Line, Line Backers, Secondary, and I would love to see us draft a QB.

Back
Top Bottom