The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

I mentioned Sanchez going back to the minors right before FH was down for a couple of days, now Sanchez is on the DL with a bum shoulder. I think the trade will end up being a wash for both clubs as Hanley is a very good player and Beckett, so far, is turning into the ace the Sox were hoping for. Calling it the worst trade in possibly the history of baseball or for the last 10 years was totally laughable, especially since it wasn't even the worst trade the Sox made that year (hello Mirabelli for Bard and Meredith).

Oh well nice to see Blisters pitching this year!

Pedoria may be finally turning the corner also. Man has he been hot lately. Even Coco has been hitting the ball well. And yes it is totally laughable, I had almost forgot people had said that. And yes our pen would look great with Meredith still there. In other Sox news, Clay Bucholz has been dominating at double A. 27.2 inn, 6 ER, 3 BB, 35 K's.

Pedoria may be finally turning the corner also. Man has he been hot lately. Even Coco has been hitting the ball well. And yes it is totally laughable, I had almost forgot people had said that. And yes our pen would look great with Meredith still there. In other Sox news, Clay Bucholz has been dominating at double A. 27.2 inn, 6 ER, 3 BB, 35 K's.

So has Michael Bowden in Single A in an extremely hitter friendly ballpark. His numbers: 1-0, 1.62 ERA, 41 Ks, 7 BB. The K/BB ratio is insane.

I think the trade will end up being a wash for both clubs as Hanley is a very good player and Beckett, so far, is turning into the ace the Sox were hoping for. Calling it the worst trade in possibly the history of baseball or for the last 10 years was totally laughable

Where are the Marlin fans that were beating their chest in this thread last year?

I'll take the pitcher over the positional player every day of the week. Pitching wins, just ask the Yankees...

Good night for Dice-K and Oritz had a good night at the plate. Pedoria had a couple of more hits also, man has he been on fire lately.

Where are the Marlin fans that were beating their chest in this thread last year?

I'll take the pitcher over the positional player every day of the week. Pitching wins, just ask the Yankees...

No clue exactly what you are talking about exactly, but two of our starting pitchers are on the DL as well as two guys who should be everyday players. Along with Cabrera, Jacobs, and Hanley all missing game so far this season.

Anyway the Red Sox are my B-team (meaning Florida any day of the week, but I still like the Sox) and I'm glad you guys are going well.

No clue exactly what you are talking about exactly, but two of our starting pitchers are on the DL as well as two guys who should be everyday players. Along with Cabrera, Jacobs, and Hanley all missing game so far this season.

Anyway the Red Sox are my B-team (meaning Florida any day of the week, but I still like the Sox) and I'm glad you guys are going well.

He's not talking about the state of the Marlins team. He's talking about the Beckett-Lowell/Ramirez-Sanchez trade and how certain people were flapping their gums about it, talking about how terrible the trade was.

He's not talking about the state of the Marlins team. He's talking about the Beckett-Lowell/Ramirez-Sanchez trade and how certain people were flapping their gums about it, talking about how terrible the trade was.

Ah okay I get it now.

I thought then and still think now it was a great trade for both sides.

Hanley and Sanchez are part of our long term future at a low cost, and you guys can afford to retool when you lose a guy like Lowell. Also Beckett may still have blister problems if he were in Florida.

Ah okay I get it now.

Hanley and Sanchez are part of our long term future at a low cost, and you guys can afford to retool when you lose a guy like Lowell. Also Beckett may still have blister problems if he were in Florida.

Agree. I think the trade will be a wash for both sides, although I do think Lowell and Sanchez will be non factors. Lowell because he'll probably be gone next year and I don't trust Sanchez staying healthy for his career as he's had a lot of arm problems already in his career including one major surgery.

Ah okay I get it now.

He may still have blister broblems in Boston. I sure hope not.

He's throwing his snapping breaking ball early and often. Unlike last year.

5 and 1 on the road trip in Minnesota and Toronto. I'll take that every single time out. Now it's 9 games home for the Sox vs. Baltimore, Tigers and Braves.

Nice win tonight, very surprising they beat up on Halladay. Who would have thought Wakefield would lead the AL in ERA in May. This team looks very very good, hopefully they stay hot and healthy all year. I'm very impressed with this team especially its pitching and it might get even better once Lester and Timlin come back (yes I was kidding about Timlin just seeing if anyone was still paying attention :wink: ).

5 and 1 on the road trip in Minnesota and Toronto. I'll take that every single time out. Now it's 9 games home for the Sox vs. Baltimore, Tigers and Braves.

Nice win tonight, very surprising they beat up on Halladay. Who would have thought Wakefield would lead the AL in ERA in May. This team looks very very good, hopefully they stay hot and healthy all year. I'm very impressed with this team especially its pitching and it might get even better once Lester and Timlin come back (yes I was kidding about Timlin just seeing if anyone was still paying attention :wink: ).

I was paying attention. I hope they extend his DL stay to 60 days, especially with the way the rest of the pen is pitching. Timlin's best days are far behind him (he is like 39)..

Wakefield what more can you say about the guy. When he is hot like this he is money, though its usually only for 2-3 starts, but he has been hot all year long. Not a better 4th starter in all of baseball.

Wow whata win for the Sox today. Down 5 in the 9th. When Chris Ray blows a save he REALLY blows it huh?

Hopefully Beckett is ok though.

We got some real Yankee diehards already waiving the white flag in mid-May.. :lol:

Johnny Damon is starting to as well. It's a little too early for that in my opinion, the Yankees have a good line up and when Clemens and Hughes come back their rotation will be better. They'll be there at the end fighting for a spot.

Back
Top Bottom