The Official 2007 Copa America thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Copa America thread

I think it's more likely we lose than tie or win. Of course, I wouldn't say the same if we had our full squad there.

It's an interesting tactic that USA soccer has taken, I take it intentionally, blooding new talent. In the long run, it should hopefully bear fruit.

It's an interesting tactic that USA soccer has taken, I take it intentionally, blooding new talent. In the long run, it should hopefully bear fruit.

Seriously though, I think it's more by "accident" we are bloodying new talent (though you're right this won't hurt). The real plan was to somehow get our regulars more good experience. After last year's WC debacle it finally became clear we should compete in Copa America. Yup, then of course other forces came into play and we ended up having to choose whether to send an A team to EITHER the Gold Cup or Copa. As many others have pointed out, it would have been better to send our first team to both, but so be it.

Anyway, if we get a bloodying today, it won't be as bad as with Argentina.

Back
Top Bottom