The Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 1 Game Left | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Playoff Scenario Thread w/ 1 Game Left

I think the Chargers would play the Chiefs tough regardless... They want to have a good feeling to close out the season. It would give them confidence for next season.

the latter will happen. We will sweep the jets only to see KC rebound and beat San Diego, meanwhile the Ravens split the season series with Cincy and bounce back vs the Bengals. The Harbaugh bros know what it takes to make the playoffs and wont be denied.

Meanwhile sweeping the jets will be the feel good story of our season only to see Ireland come back.

Crap like this always happens to us. Its time we make a change and get back to owning this division.

We dont deserve to make the playoffs. Had we beaten buffalo and there scrubb QB, we wouldve been the hottest team going into the playoffs. Now we would only be getting bounced in only to be dissapointed.

Flaaco looked abysmal today. If the Bengals play there starters they will win. I dunno if they will though after NE wins at 1pm.

What I am seeing is tentively CBS plans to move Miami,SD and Baltimore to 4pm along with Denver.

Leaving 1pms meaningful games Pittsburgh vs Cleveland and Pats vs Buff

Per Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cowboys-Eagles will be flexed to prime time next Sunday night, per NFL official.

Nbc must be wrong they still had Baltimore at the 6 spot

Yep, the NFL's wet dream happened when the Cowboys came back on the Redskins today.

Last year there were 5 games in the 4 o'clock eastern hour . . . currently there are 4 scheduled . . all 4 are on the west coast, so I don't expect any of those to change, especially with all 4 games having playoff teams in them and potential playoff teams as well.

Fox is in a great spot still even w/o the Eagles/Cowboys game as they have a winner in / loser out scenario with the Bears/Packers next Sunday at 1 p.m (assuming a Bears loss tonight . . . down 24-3 at the half) They would LOVE San Fran to lose against Atlanta tomorrow as that would more than likely be winner in / loser out game with San Fran @ Arizona next Sunday at 4:25 p.m.

CBS could potentially flex the Miami game into the 4 p.m. slot, only because it keeps the Bengals/Patriots at the same time slot for a bye, and even though SD could be eliminated with a Ravens win, there is a chance that CBS has an intriguing Miami winner gets in or SD winner gets in if Miami loses situation.

So my guess would be since Fox is losing a 1 p.m. game to Sunday night, CBS will shift our game to 4 (like last year vs. New England).

There is no Sunday night game. I might be mistaken but I thought I read this was the last Sunday night game this year.

There is no Sunday night game. I might be mistaken but I thought I read this was the last Sunday night game this year.

Always a Sunday night game in week 17. They just don't schedule it until the end of week 16. They've already flexed Dallas/Philly into the slot next week.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...cowboys-and-philadelphia-eagles-flexed-to-snf

Official story with changes

It must have been Monday night I read. I thought it sounded odd.

So what would of changed had we won today?

We would of been in a win and you're in situation.

We could of lost next week and still gotten in with a Ravens loss or a San Diego win.

Heres all the ways Dolphins get in .... 4 different scenarios. Sorry if already updated,didnt have time to read all post in here,just got this fron nfl.com and thought Id put it in

(Note: For the purposes of simplicity, we are only using scenarios involving wins and losses, not ties.)

Here are the possible outcomes of games on Sunday that involve a Dolphins win over the Jets:

Scenario 1:

Dolphins, Chargers and Ravens all win. The Dolphins go to playoffs (based on conference record).

Scenario 2:

Ravens and Dolphins win, Chargers lose. The Ravens go to playoffs (based on head-to-head).

Scenario 3:

Dolphins and Chargers win, Ravens lose. The Dolphins go to playoffs (based on head-to-head).

Scenario 4:

Dolphins win, Chargers and Ravens lose. The Dolphins go to playoffs (based on having better record).

If the Dolphins lose, they cannot make the playoffs. If there’s a four-way tie at 8-8 between Miami, San Diego, Baltimore and the Jets (who, by beating the Dolphins, would be 8-8), Baltimore wins the Wild Card. If there’s a five-way tie between those teams and the Steelers, Pittsburgh would win the final spot in the playoffs.

Just win

I'll admit. I was shocked when I saw that we scored 0 points yet moved into the 6th seed. So Dolphins...

Back
Top Bottom