The "Other" LSU Receiver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "Other" LSU Receiver

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Ja'Marr Chase, but his teammate Terrace Marshall Jr. is having quite an impressive year at LSU. Marshall reminds me more of DaVante Parker, deceptive speeds, wins the 50/50 balls, nice size. He may be a better route runner than Parker was coming out. I know Miami is looking for a receiver to complement Parker's style, but I don't think you automatically dismiss a player like Marshall either. Also Preston Williams' drops are becoming a concern, enough to consider him a fringe starter heading into the 2021 campaign. In other words, the Dolphins may be looking for more than one receiver. Of course, free agency can play a role as well.

I've concentrated more on those speed receivers, but wanted to get some thoughts on Marshall from Dolphin fans.

They should be looking for a big play, explosive type to compliment what they have.

Either of the Bama guys or Chase would work great.

Terrace Marshall is a nice prospect. Tall and can run and catch. 1st round type talent.

Although the kid nobody knows about is Racey McMath. He’s a 6’3”, 225 pound freak of an athlete that is also a special teams demon. He’ll be drafted inconspicuously, make a roster in the NFL as a special teams dynamo and work his way up the depth chart as his polish catches up with his physical talents.

Underrated, perhaps even unknown.

Terrace Marshall is a nice prospect. Tall and can run and catch. 1st round type talent.

Although the kid nobody knows about is Racey McMath. He’s a 6’3”, 225 pound freak of an athlete that is also a special teams demon. He’ll be drafted inconspicuously, make a roster in the NFL as a special teams dynamo and work his way up the depth chart as his polish catches up with his physical talents.

Underrated, perhaps even unknown.
Thanks for that. Love hearing about the underrated players. What's your thoughts on Auburn's Anthony Schwartz? He hasn't really put up "numbers," but can absolutely fly. Is there a reason we aren't hearing more about him?

They should be looking for a big play, explosive type to compliment what they have.

Either of the Bama guys or Chase would work great.
I agree with you. But, I'm also not sold on Williams as a long-term guy for Miami and Grant has been more of a complementary piece. It will be interesting to see if any receiver emerges with Tua. My hope is that maybe Grant takes off a bit. But, I'm thinking the Dolphins may need more at the position than we might think as fans. Factor in that Parker has always battled injuries and Marshall could be a nice get at the right price.

Thanks for that. Love hearing about the underrated players. What's your thoughts on Auburn's Anthony Schwartz? He hasn't really put up "numbers," but can absolutely fly. Is there a reason we aren't hearing more about him?
Young quarterback Bo Nix has been struggling so really no receiver outside of Seth Williams has been able to produce. Schwartz is the fastest kid in football but he's very raw. He's a slot type but doesn't get to actually run many routes in that offense. More of a jet motion type player there.

Young quarterback Bo Nix has been struggling so really no receiver outside of Seth Williams has been able to produce. Schwartz is the fastest kid in football but he's very raw. He's a slot type but doesn't get to actually run many routes in that offense. More of a jet motion type player there.
Yeah, I noticed he's involved a lot in the running game. His speed definitely shows up.

I actually saw a mock the other day where Marshall went before Chase.

I haven’t see any LSU games this year but it’s hard for me to imagine LSU has a better wr than Chase was last year.

I don’t like that Chase opted out of the season but I think he would be a perfect compliment to Parker.

Draft him with our first pick at 7ish and then grab Kyle Pitts with our second first rounder and let Tua do work.

Back
Top Bottom