the path to the superbowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the path to the superbowl

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
I dont beleive we have the special teams or the offense to get us quite that far. I do beleive that John Clayton is right when he said Passing teams that can run ocasionaly have the best chance to get to the super bowl. teams that rely solely on the run and are not good in the passing game have less then 35 % chance of getting past the 2 nd rd of the playoffs.

if you go back and look at our playoff failures it wasnt that we couldnt run the ball it was that we were horible in the passing game . Alias , when we had Marino we were struggling to run the ball . In comes Feidler and we couldnt get the ball deep down field and defenses stoped our run game and this is really true in our last playoff game.

what I am pondering is if we took Welker, chambers , and even McKnight and Lamar Smith and put them with Marino provided his arm headed up from the 99' or 00 ' season we could have made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs .

but John Clayton may not have much creditability with folks around here but he was dead on with teams being able to throw the ball down field . You have to admitt we really havent thrown the ball well at all.

I wont stop pointing this out because for the last two or three years our rb's have been getting plastered and put on I.R. so having the passing game and doing some different things on offense is what I am praying for because in the end super bowl teams 90% of the time can do both quite well but I am a big beleiver in the passing game to set up the run even though I am a minority to the style of offense but I would love to see Ronnie and Ricky get a super bowl ring with us.

:JCane305:

I think our passing game will be much better. It will at least provide some balance on offense so defenses can't just put 8 in the box and dare us to pass.

Its up to Henne. They have to feel comfortable that hes ready for that. But they have to give him the chance to do it.

Disagree our secondary will make or break our season. On offense we will run and pass at will! Our secondary sucks and Sean Smith is a waste! Before the preseason I had us winning 10-12 games, but after seeing how bad the CBs still are i say 8-10 wins. I think the actually regressed.

have to admit henne looked a little marinoish out there last night. and overall he's got better weapons than Marino ever had. the defense depends on whether Nolan is successful getting consistent pressure cause we're still a weaker than the average team in coverage.

have to admit henne looked a little marinoish out there last night. and overall he's got better weapons than Marino ever had. the defense depends on whether Nolan is successful getting consistent pressure cause we're still a weaker than the average team in coverage.

Weaker then average? You are playing nice today. We suck!

hmmm, sounds good in theory...and yet 6 of the past 10 Super Bowl winners have finished 15th or below in passing yardage. Including 4 Super Bowl winners who finished 21st, 22nd, 22nd, and 24th in passing yardage.

Weaker then average? You are playing nice today. We suck!
Bell is the only one back there that knows what the hell he's doing plus new olb's, dansby & nolan are new. It's reasonable to give them time. Hopefully the offense will win games for awhile plus Wake & Co. can put some fear & hurries in opposing quarterbacks.

hmmm, sounds good in theory...and yet 6 of the past 10 Super Bowl winners have finished 15th or below in passing yardage. Including 4 Super Bowl winners who finished 21st, 22nd, 22nd, and 24th in passing yardage.

That's fine, but the most recent ones have great passing teams. League is changing look at last 2 Superbowls it was air it out. Heck look at last years AFC Championship game the leagues NUMBER1 rushing offense and NUMBER1 defense was up 2 scores at halftime and the leagues worst rushing team, came out and dint even hide the pass and won. Gotta pass it is what it is!

That's fine, but the most recent ones have great passing teams. League is changing look at last 2 Superbowls it was air it out. Heck look at last years AFC Championship game the leagues NUMBER1 rushing offense and NUMBER1 defense was up 2 scores at halftime and the leagues worst rushing team, came out and dint even hide the pass and won. Gotta pass it is what it is!

Do you mean the most recent "ONE" b/c in 2008 the Steelers were 17th and in 2007 the Giants were 21st and in 2005 the Steelers were 24th...

Do you mean the most recent "ONE" b/c in 2008 the Steelers were 17th and in 2007 the Giants were 21st and in 2005 the Steelers were 24th...

I mean when it came down to it the Steelers had to depend on the pass to win heck the Giants to.

I mean when it came down to it the Steelers had to depend on the pass to win heck the Giants to.

So you are saying that teams that win the Super Bowl play well when it counts...now that's a revelation!

Back
Top Bottom