The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile

First we wanted Ryan to be the next Marino and we had Dan come out and work with him a little bit. Philbin told Ryan to let it rip and that was an epic fail. Then Gase came in and it was time to turn Ryan into Peyton. Peyton showed up to tutor him. Next thing we saw Ryan was flailing his arms around at the LOS screaming Omaha, Omaha!! That didn't work out. Now they slowed things down, they huddle and they are a run first team behind our suddenly healthy o-line. That is working! Let Ryan run an offense similar to the old Shula Dolphins. Run first behind a big, talented line, hit some quick throws behind a play action scheme, have long drives and win the time of possession so that the other team is gasping for air in the 4th quarter. This is what we have done the last 2 weeks and for my money let Ryan be a Bob Griese type QB, we're winning games and RT is not throwing picks, fumbling or costing us games. He plays very well in this type of role. Let's keep it going!

Great play. I was shook up at the outset because I was worried James would be called for holding. I'm not sure it was holding but the way Hughes' shoulder was angled is the type of thing often called for holding. A call like that could have completely altered the game.

Landry should be used on more plays like this, IMO. Mid range crossing patterns. He's so persistent he can shake just about any defensive back over a distance of ground and he's hardly an underdog to break the first tackle attempt. I appreciated the Michael Irvin-type shoveaway just before the ball arrived.

However, one of the only play calls from Sunday that I absolutely hated was the 3rd and long screen pass to Landry in the red zone. We should trust Tannehill to throw a dart into the end zone on a play like that. It's like Parker barely exists right now. Hard to believe we can't design a wingspan pass for him.

Great play. I was shook up at the outset because I was worried James would be called for holding. I'm not sure it was holding but the way Hughes' shoulder was angled is the type of thing often called for holding. A call like that could have completely altered the game.

Landry should be used on more plays like this, IMO. Mid range crossing patterns. He's so persistent he can shake just about any defensive back over a distance of ground and he's hardly an underdog to break the first tackle attempt. I appreciated the Michael Irvin-type shoveaway just before the ball arrived.

However, one of the only play calls from Sunday that I absolutely hated was the 3rd and long screen pass to Landry in the red zone. We should trust Tannehill to throw a dart into the end zone on a play like that. It's like Parker barely exists right now. Hard to believe we can't design a wingspan pass for him.

We were working Landry heavily on crossing patterns a few weeks ago...against the Browns I believe. Worked well. Slow developing though...got to have the time. Hopefully getting consistency there with vastly improved line play.

Agreed that we needed to throw to the end zone. We need Parker to take a step and become a red zone threat if nothing else.

I remember reading on these forums, literally moments before that play, a FH member said that hadn't done anything in the game that Moore couldn't do.

Then that happened. Yeah, I don't think so :lol:

Great play. Big boy play on a pivotal 3rd down. But we know by now that plays like that aren't the norm. Tannehill has always flashed and teased.

giphy.gif

I remember reading on these forums, literally moments before that play, a FH member said that hadn't done anything in the game that Moore couldn't do.

Then that happened. Yeah, I don't think so :lol:

I'll be the first to admit I didn't think he would make a play like that. U to that point that game felt like a game where tannehill Would come up short again by not making "the big play".

Your going to ave to make plays like that to win in the NFL. He made the play and we won. That was a huge play for him.

I said it in another thread that the play he made to stills, he couldn't get the smile off his face afterwards if he tried. I'm pretty sure he thanked god immediately after making the play too. I was happy for him, he's been in a situations where he lost those kinds of games, it must of felt great to get it done.

that was such a great play.

A 25 yard strike thrown across his body while on a dead run, game on the line, and the entire opposing defensive line chasing him down.

But yeah, Tannehill at his best is just average.

Again, sometimes I wish I knew more languages, just so I knew more ways to tell some people to shut the #### up.

And don't forget the play against the Steelers were Pouncey was push into his face and roll out and throw a log pass to I believe was M. Gray. Regardless of the situation (I don't recall it) it was just as great, so that's two games with similar plays.

Because he stands still and takes the sack instead.

Gase told him to stop doing that and make quicker reads and his INT's shot up this season.

If he can't read defenses, why isn't he fooled by the defense more? The premise is complete nonsense. His early season INTs happened at the same time when he got sacked 17 times in 5 games. No INTs in the 2 game where he got sacked 1 time. Your post doesn't fit the facts. What does fit the facts was that the OL was terrible and has gotten much better over the last two games.

If he can't read defenses, why isn't he fooled by the defense more? The premise is complete nonsense. His early season INTs happened at the same time when he got sacked 17 times in 5 games. No INTs in the 2 game where he got sacked 1 time. Your post doesn't fit the facts. What does fit the facts was that the OL was terrible and has gotten much better over the last two games.

Love that you don't take crap from the trolls, but there's no way logic will go through their thick skulls. They can't logically answer this question.

We've seen the evidence of what a decent OL can do for this entire offense. Run game is going bananas and RT looks like a top tier QB... its not rocket science.

I think the stat is something like... when Pouncey and Albert both start this team is 9-1, or something like that. Again, not a coincidence that OL play effects the whole offense and its production.

Yeah, going on year 5. He makes a good throw. Its like watching pop warner football. Wtf, step up consistently and lead.

Down 3, under 6 minutes to play, near midfield and it is 3rd and 7.

bh4qIU.gif

That was a broken play and a good pass. From the Bills 46 he has to drop back to our 41and throws to the Bills 32. A 30 yard pass when we only needed 7. The play call was probably a slant the LB sat on

I've seen this many times. Its been clear since year 1 he can make plays outside the pocket

I've seen this many times. Its been clear since year 1 he can make plays outside the pocket

Yes, many times on designed roll outs . . . Improvised plays out of the pocket . . .not so much . . . Especially in moments like Sunday, which was against a divisional opponent late in the 4th quarter, down in the game on a critical 3rd down. We arguably lose that game if we do not convert that.

I know for me, it is what I have wanted to see. People can pull the 2014 stats up until they are blue in the face . . .give me more 1 td, 220 yard passing games, with a QB that manages the offense but also can make plays in those type of moments.

Does not mean all is well and good now, but as someone who has been critical of Ryan over the last few years, watching this play live made me feel great for our QB and I bet Ryan feels just as good about it.

That was a broken play and a good pass. From the Bills 46 he has to drop back to our 41and throws to the Bills 32. A 30 yard pass when we only needed 7. The play call was probably a slant the LB sat on

I am gonna give him credit for feeling the backside pressure while keeping his eyes on Landry and firing at dart with absolutely perfect ball placement.

James probably does get away with a hold there, but so what, Cam Wake has been held like that for 7 years.

Doesn't matter how he does it, as long as he can improvise and make a play, I am in love with it. That same QB takes a sack there at a point in his career.

Props to him.

Back
Top Bottom