The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers!

If LaRoche pans out at third like everyone expects him too, we will be set for some time. The guy can rake with the best of him. I hope the pitch that hit him on the wrist doesn't set him back any. That would suck.

Now we need Kemp and Loney to get up here and stay up here and we will have a nice solid YOUNG core of guys to build around. Martin, Kemp, Loney, LaRoche, and Ethier would make it easy for Grady or anyone to fill out a lineup card. Especially with a table setter like Furcal to lead off.

Can you imagine in perhaps a year, we may be looking at a lineup that consists of

1. Rafael Furcal SS
2. Juan Pierre CF
3. James Loney 1B
4. Matt Kemp LF
5. Andre Ethier RF
6. Russell Martin C
7. Adny LaRoche 3B
8. Tony Abreu 2B
9. Pitcher

Young talent everywhere and good to boot. Now, I know what everyone is thinking, where is Nomar and Kent? Well, I think Kent is gone after this year and Nomar...I love ihm, but I think he can only block Loney for so long. I know they are tinkering with Loney in the outfield, but he is a gold glove caliber first basemen and should stay there.

BTW, Penny pitched amazing tonight. I really think his new approach may make him a legit Cy Young candidate. He is locating pitches better and has had a great first month of the season. Realistically, he should be 6-0 right now if it weren't for the bullpen.

Now lets see what Hendrickson can do tomorrow.

The good thing is, they are starting to beat the teams they should be beating. The Marlins series was bad because we really should have had 3 out of 4, but ocming back against the Reds and sweeping them out of our house was a nice response.

# game lead now and counting. I don't expect L.A. to run away with the division, but I don't tink it will be as close as most experts believe. I think we may see L.A. continure to add to their lead slowly until, all of a sudden, teams start to take notice come July.

Next up: The St. Louis Cardinals. Brett Tomko is on the hill, which means the bats may need to stay hot in order to win again tonight.

Tomko looked like **** tonight, 8 earned in 2 innings...His 1-4 record, and 6 ERA, need to improve a little...I hope Schmidt gets better soon...

Kuo gave quite a scare in the 7th, but other than that it was a solid effort all around...

Furcal has 13 hits in the last 4 games...Takashi got his 12th save tonight...LaRoche got another 3 walks, he now has 20 AB and 11 BB and only 3 K...

Im loving this lineup-

Furcal
Pierre
Nomar
Kent
Gonzo
Martin
Ethier
LaRoche
Pitcher

Nice combo of youth and experience, not much power but everyone of those guys is either at or flirting with .300...

Yeah I agree bullseye. I would like to see Wilson Betemit, Rudey Seanez, Brett Tomko and Hong Chih Kuo gone though. those guys scare the bejesus out of me.

Kuo could stay if he starts, he cannot pitch out of the bullpen at all, as last night showed.

Not that those guys will get us a power bat, but I would love to see if we couldn't package those guys along with some talent to get the power bat we desperately need. Luis Gonzales needs to not be an everyday left fielder wither. Bring up Matt Kamp!

2 out of 3 from St Louis. Wow, that is impressive. Sure, the Cardinals aren't a very good team this year, but they have absolutely killed L.A. in recent years. For us to win 2 out of 3 means Satan might be wearing long johns this year.

Saito with yet another save and Wilson Betemit has found his new home as a pinch hitter. Three pinch hit homeruns so far!

Good win and a well deserved day off tomorrow. Get resteded up for Friday's big showdown with Anaheim.

5-1 homestand!

2 out of 3 from St Louis. Wow, that is impressive. Sure, the Cardinals aren't a very good team this year, but they have absolutely killed L.A. in recent years. For us to win 2 out of 3 means Satan might be wearing long johns this year.

Saito with yet another save and Wilson Betemit has found his new home as a pinch hitter. Three pinch hit homeruns so far!

Good win and a well deserved day off tomorrow. Get resteded up for Friday's big showdown with Anaheim.

5-1 homestand!

Hopefully we win in St. Louis too, I'll be at the Aug. 11th game behind the Dodgers dugout. :D

Our team looks good, but lets face it, if we don't get a big time bat by the trading deadline, L.A. will once again by playoff fodder.

Back
Top Bottom